Breast screening update

After reading all the replies i got last time and speaking to someone from the local maggie centre I contacted the secretary of the surgeon who had told me no surgery required, come back in a year. Explained I was not confident that was correct as I had previously been told I would be having surgery within 3 weeks, and i wished to speak to the surgeon again. Was told i would receive phone call from her, but instead was asked back to hospital tosee her in person. Instead of an explanation I was informed in a very hurried manner that results had been looked at again and there was 'an area of concern' and I would indeed be having surgery. I was given time and date for pre op checks and surgery. I then received letter saying these had been brought forward, tomorrow (today rather) I go for pre op checks in morning and see surgeon again in afternoon, with op taking place next Wednesday. Hopefully I will finally get a full explanation tomorrow. Just goes to show if you think doctors have made a mistake do something about it. Thanks to all who responded to my previous posts, and a special thanks to Paddysmum.

6 Replies

• Glad you phoned them back after all. Good on you for that. All the best when it comes round x

• Thank you so much for sharing this update with us all. I want to genuinely and sincerely wish you all the best my friend, and please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x

• All the best sazzy.

I hope it all comes out ok in the end.

Hugs sue. XXX

• Good luck with everything,hope all goes well,so glad you phoned them and double checked. NEVER take chances with your health . All the very best Hun.

• Good luck, hope all goes well x

• good luck hope all goes well x

You may also like...