Itchy Itchy

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all smiling and trying to remain positive.

I suffer from Fibro and am just coming out of a week long flare which totally bedbound me. I am slowly getting my strength back but now I am suffering from some sort of Psoriasis. My GP gave me some gel stuff to rub on the affected parts but it's not helping :-( Apparently this strain of Psoriasis generally appears on feet, wrists and in your mouth. Fortunately I haven't got it in my mouth but my feet are so blistered and sore it makes walking even harder than normal. I also have it on both wrists, my right one is worse and as I had Carpal Tunnel surgery not long ago the red patches are on my scar - extremely sensitive and painful.

Do any fellow Fibromites have this problem? and does anyone have any suggestions please before I tear the skin off .. aarrrgggghhhh itchy !! :-(

6 Replies

• Hi Velogirl,

I am sorry to hear you are suffering.

I suppose I was lucky in my earlier life as I never suffered with spots, or poor skin, apart from seborhorreic eczema on my head from radiation treatment, but as soon as I started suffering with Fibromyalgia my skin quickly became a mess. I get it all over my body, and I also find in places it is very itchy indeed.

I currently use a combination of Epaderm, as an emolient & soap substitute, & either Dovabet or Daktacort or both depending on where it erupts.

Without these I would be a total mess, but I have to say it has to be applied every day, & even then it only holds it back & I am never free of it for long.

I think it is something you should discuss with your doctor, & I hope you get th right treatment for you.

• I use to itch like crazy. Cut out dairy. Got a lot better, but not gone on my scalp. I put sesame oil on my entire body for 1/2 hr everyday. Cold pressed organic best. Itching is gone. Good luck! My scalp is pink still however. But, at least it is growing back and i am not as itchy.

• I know aloe Vera is good for your skin. Coco butter is really good for skin! That's what I use. My biggest problem is bruising!

• Hi velogirl

I am so genuinely sorry to read that you are suffering in this way and I sincerely hope that you can find some resolution to this issue. From what you have described it sounds like Hand, foot and mouth disease which usually affects children.

I have pasted you the NHS Choices link to their cache on the illness:

I want to genuinely and sincerely wish you all the best of luck with this.

All my hopes and dreams for you

• Hi velogirl

I have itchy skin too since having Fibromyalgia my skin gets very dry to, I was in Boots Chemist a couple of months ago and bought a Cream which is an E45 itch reliever cream, it is very good, also helps with the dryness of my skin, it might be worth a try.

Regards jayjay57

• Iv had Fibro a long time I no hoe you feel I'v got pain all over Be happy fight the f--------- Fibro Live your life and smile enjoy youe self best you can XXXXX

You may also like...