I wonder if you lovely lot can help? I'm not asking for medical advice or a diagnosis, i'm simply wanting to know if anyone else recognises the symptoms below or has any other condition which might be a possible fit for the below list of symptoms.
If you recognise the following and can suggest a condition for me to find out more about, then please do. Lyme disease has already been ruled out with a blood test. I am negative for the RF and am currently waiting on results for anti CCP.
Prior to my snowboarding accident in January, I'd never experienced any of the following symptoms. A GP originally thought I was having a touch of reactive arthritis. After symptoms persisted, 2 other GPs both suggested RA and I was then referred.
• Stiff, aching, audibly clicking joints that often feel like they are 'stuck' in place
• Pain in both wrists and fingers that makes typing, writing etc. hard
• Loss of strength in hands, can't open lids, carry shopping bags, drive some days
• Painful, stiff, clicking ankles
• Large red inflamed puffy lumps on ankle bone and around ankle
• Pain in feet and toes which makes standing or walking for more than a few minutes very painful
• Joint swelling in fingers (that comes & goes) makes it hard to bend fingers, make a fist, can't wear rings
• Cramp like sensations in wrists, elbows, feet and ankles
• Visible swelling responded well to a course of steroids
• Pain started in wrists (noticed when typing at work) but over the last 7 months, now affects my fingers, ankles, feet, knees and elbows
• Granny had Rheumatism and Spondylosis, mum has osteoarthritis
In light of the above, the rheumatolgist last week concluded that I have Fibromyalgia, which I am not satisfied with.
Would love to hear your thoughts. [I've also posted the same on the NRAS community here]