Mandatory reconsideration

Good Afternoon everyone, I hope everyone is not suffering too much today. I thought I just would update you ... Well after all the pip form filling, following the assessment with the dreaded atos, I was only given care at the standard rate. Nothing for mobility and it is mobility that affects me so much. I like most of you will be able to understand this statement. My partner and I sat for another 4 hours last Sunday sending off yet again all the copies of how the fibromyalgia, ptsd, depression, reynauds affect so my life. They seemed to be able to say that following a 20 min interview having not asked anything about how I get around or how much pain I was in that I had no mobility problems and no cognitive impairment . We all know that fibro fog is so disabling at times and even though he said he could not talk or ask me about ptsd , so their conclusion left me totally baffled. I still work full time would consider myself an intelligent person and being treated the way I have been really upset me and thought how does anyone manage that doesn't have a supportive partner cope let alone if anyone has even the slightest learning difficulties. I felt that I was being treated like a thief trying to take something that I was not entitled too, I have worked for 26 years full time and never had any benefits in my life, juggled a life as a mother missing out on so much and now I am housebound unless someone will help me even with basic things, I no longer can do my shopping or drive and my daughter took me to shopping centre about a month ago and that one experience for a v short period of time made me realise how difficult life in a wheelchair is going to be. I do not know the answer or know what we need to do but I do know there needs to be some help and understanding of our conditions and support. I am hoping that this mandatory reconsideration is going to bring the results I know I deserve and I know others many others have it that don't deserve as they are plastered constantly all over our Tv and people that genuinely need it are suffering with out. I will let your know how I get on and if I can be of help to anyone then please just ask. One thing I would say is benefits and work website has some invaluable information. Take care everyone and best wishes. xx Tracey xx

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Would you like me to send you guides on PIP? If you send me your email address (by private message) I can send these out and hopefully they can help you a little.

Wishing you a wonderful rest of your weekend.

Karen xx

• Could you please pm me some also smarcarkaz

• Please could you send to me too. Thank you.

• I just wanted to say that I am so sorry that you did not qualify for what you deserve, and I want to wish you all the best of luck with your mandatory reconsideration.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• hi Rosie.

just come across ure post and was wondering how u got on with ure reconsideation?

like u I work but had to reduce my hours to half. I have lways worked full time and like u was made to feel like I was asking for something I shouldnt be!!

it is very soul destroying ...

I got awarded standard mobility and 2 points short of daily living.

u put in for reconsideration but it came back the same so now I as m taking them to tribunal....I don't have a partner so my daughter helps me out at home so much....

im hoping ure came back in ure favour☺ xx

• Hi there I have only just joined this site to say I have gone through a nightmare with the DWP recently so much so that I have gone to my MP about this.I have had Fibromyalgia for 8 years as well as a frozen shoulder for the last 3 years.In February this got more serious and an ultrasound picked up a full tendon tear that needed surgery on my right shoulder . I have had to wait till the end of September to be operated on,so only a week and a half ago I had a general anaesthetic to have it sorted out and repaired.I had a horrific ATOS assessment back on The 28th August . Since Dec 2014 to the 18th September I have been on Permitted work as a housekeeper under the care of my GP who provided sick notes all along.I was not allowed to lift anything heavy. I then discover to my horror two days after surgery that I had failed the assessment back in August and my ESA would be stopped. Also apparently I am now fit to work because I had had day surgery. Although the hospital, my GP and Nurse who removed my stitches said I was not fit to work.I am a single mother with no money coming in.I am going through the Mandatory Reconsideration process right now. The joke is that they have said I need to go on JSA even though I have a job waiting for me in a months time.I am furious at the way I have been treated. Watch the space!!

You may also like...