Benefit help please. : Hiya. My husband... - Fibromyalgia Acti...

Fibromyalgia Action UK

56,986 members65,137 posts

Benefit help please.

nanatre profile image
10 Replies

Hiya. My husband has just upped and left me. He was self employed and we got working tax credits. I get ESA support group and DLA. So I have to cancel tax credits but what do I do about my benefits. Who do I have to inform. I am lost.

Some nasty bit of work that has already broken up marriages, decided she wanted my husband. He decided to have a fling and play with both of us. I deserve better though don't suppose I will ever meet anyone else. Oh well. Onwards and upwards.

10 Replies
Lucyhobbit profile image

I can't help but wanted to send you gentle ((((hugs)))) Whatever else you do make sure you take care of yourself over this stressful period as fibro likes to play up then.

nanatre profile image
nanatre in reply to Lucyhobbit

Thank you Lucy, I have wonderful children that will help me through this.......I am ok, and will be ok. x

Ian123 profile image

Citizens Advice Bureau was helpful when adjusting from working into not with all that entailed.

Sorry this is such a short reply but today is not one of the best

Shazzzy profile image

Hi nanatre, sorry to here your news, life is hard enough without a marriage breakup as well. I believe your benfits stay the same as they were awarded to you alone. I would certainly contact the council concerning council tax/rent if applicable, and citizens advice as Ian mentioned for further advice. Good luck,

TheAuthor profile image

Hi nanatre

Can I say that I am so sorry to read this, and I genuinely hope from my very soul that you are well and coping? And you are completely correct to say that you deserve better than this!

I would get yourself down to your local JCP and apply for Income Support straight away. I have pasted you a link to the GOV.UK pages on Income Support below:

Link for GOV.UK

As far as I am aware, since you are claiming DLA, you should not have to sign on.

I want to wish you all the best of luck and I sincerely hope that everything works out really well for you.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x

Hi there

I'm single with 2 children and claim ESA.

I would suggest that you ring the DWP and ask them what you need to do.

The number I have for them is 0845 6043719. Best to ring from a landline as it's an 0845 number.

Sorry to hear your circumstances. It's not easy being a single parent.

Good luck for the future.

Keep your chin up.

Lu xxx

nanatre profile image

Thank you all. Xx

rosewine profile image

So sorry to hear of your marriage breakup that is all you need on top of this illness. The others have alrady given you excellent advice so there is nothing I can add on that front but only to say that I am thinking of you at this most difficult time. Soft hugs.x

Gramma profile image

Chin up Nanatre, I can't add anything to the advice already given but just wanted to give some small support. X.

claredevon1 profile image

After my marriage ended I had a very difficult time. Please be aware that you are in a vulnerable position. I was helped by my church and the C.A.B and I also found a man who loved me despite my illness. I was suffering badly with fibro then and now, and I could not have got through that alone. Stay strong.

You may also like...