Fibromyalgia Action UK
40,235 members52,347 posts

How do I go about been diagnosed with fibro???

Hi ive been suffering since the birth of my child 2yrs ago, ive had blood tests but all come back within normal range. I cant get out of bed in a morning without help because im so stiff and in so much pain. On a bad day the pain will get worse though out the day and im always tired. Just been diagnosed with ibs. It wasnt until my friend gave me some info on fibro that I started to think it could be that rather then thinking im imagine the pain. So fed up at the moment my deppression has got worse dont know how much more I can take.

Any info would be greatly appreciated


chrissie. X

7 Replies

ask to be refered to a pain clinic or rheumatologist, i went to both over the years but it was pain management who diagnosed me x


Thank you x


Hi chrissie, and welcome to the forum, I don't think you could have found a better site to come to for support, information and friendship :-) You might like to take a look at our mother site where there is a mass of information you may find very useful.

I think a trip to your GP would be a good first step and perhaps ask if he/she is aware of Fibro and if so possibly ask if they could do a trigger point test. From what you have said it does sound as if you have some of the symptoms associated with Fibro, but I'm not a medic and therefore it is something you really need to discuss with one.

However, we can offer all our support and be here to answer your questions to the best of our ability from our own experiences, not from a medical stance. We also try to have fun here and there and one of our lovely administrators, gins, opens things up in the morning with a virtual coffee, toast ( or whatever takes your fancy ) and a nice start to the day. We try to have humour too because we understand that laughter or even just smiling, can release feel good endorphins, so do feel free to join in with whatever is going on :-)

Sending healing vibes your way :-)

Foggy x


Hi. I have just joined this forum and know having fibro is awful. It is best to ask your doctor to refer you to a rheumatologist as their diagnosis has more clout. Any health care can suggest you have it but as far as benefits go, its best to go higher up the medical chain. Try to get referred to the pain clinic and get a pain management program going. You will need all the ammo you can get. Good luck. Try and get a doctors referral to your local leisure centre as well. You can get some free aqua mobility sessions with that. Being in the water is the only time I am pain free. Hope that helps. Hx


Hi chrissiebee

I am so sorry to read that you are suffering in this way, and I genuinely hope that you can find the answers that you so desperately desire and deserve. As the other members have said, a Rheumatologist is the best place to start as they are usually (but not in all circumstances) the one's that will diagnose Fibro.

Some of the key factors to helping alleviate pain and fatigue are exercise, so a good physiotherapist is also important, as is a good quality of sleep. This tends to be where the medications come into the equation, as many of the drugs for Fibro will (or should) help you to sleep.

I have pasted you a link below to Fibro treatments from our parent site, FibroAction.

I want to wish you all the best of luck, and please do not give up your fight with this.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x


Ask your gp to refer you to a rheumatologist. I was lucky as I'd been having ops on my joints for 6 years due to something else so he didn't argue x good luck honey. X


I'd ask your doctor to test you for it or get a referral to someone that could. Best of luck sweetheart as it's a terrible disease and only gets worse with age. If you have it go to a pain clinic # 1 and know your limitations # 2. Mine started with the chronic IBS also. Let us know what you find out. xxx Mitzi


You may also like...