Hello fibro friends, how are you all today? I know poor Foggy has a migraine, that badger has a case of the squawks, and Ken is munching his way through all the biscuits in the land.
I was feeling rather chipper earlier, then I tried to eat lunch out, and wasted all the beautiful food that was put in front of me when one bite set my tummy in painful spasms. I am having a kind of toxic reaction to all of my meds, thanks to the latest drug I was prescribed last week. Has anyone else had this happen? First my tummy wouldn't let me eat, then I kept falling asleep, then I doubled in size and couldn't breathe or move and went lobster coloured...1 day later I'm over a stone heavier and trundling along like weary red hippo. My pulse rate was at 115, BP down to 81/52 and I was talking rubbish. Today, I'm a stone lighter, and I can see my joints again, and am pink rather than an angry red. My tummy still hurts when I try to eat, but I can breathe, my heart has slowed, and I can move more easily.
No one really knows what happened, they are guessing it's a drug reaction in the absence of anything but high white blood cells left in my tests today, and my GP suggested I might be becoming toxic because of all the drugs I'm on. but I'm a bit nervous...it sounds like they are guessing.
Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this without knowing why and never finding out the cause? It happened so fast and dramatically, it was scary. Am I still toxic, or could it happen again?