Private doctor in or near London please?

I'm seeing a neurologist but it'll be another five months before I get the test results back. In the meantime I need pain meds, and something to calm down the burning sensation/nueron excitocity.

I'm managing my condition with meditation, yoga, diet and more. But when I get flare ups, I need medication fast, but only for brief periods Otherwise I'm bed ridden for weeks.

The medication I'm looking for is Clonazepam, Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Methocarbamol. I understand this is approach really helps many (phoenixrising). I'd be grateful for doctor recommendations.


Last edited by

5 Replies

  • Hi nomadico

    I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? I do not actually know of any doctors in the London area as I live in Derbyshire.

    I was just replying to say that I think you should really see a doctor before attempting to try any of these medications as there are some possible serious side effects from them. Most of these medications have to be started on low doses and built up in your system over a period of time.

    Are you not registered with an NHS GP? As you could discuss with them how you are feeling and what your needs are? I want to wish you all the best and I hope that you can get to consult with a doctor shortly.

    All my hopes and dreams for you


  • My GP has been reluctant to prescribe anything. I'm seeing her again next week, and will request again.

  • Hi nomadico

    I am so sorry to hear that you GP is reluctant to prescribe you medication. I was wondering if there was another GP at your surgery whom you could see?

    If you could get a referral to Rheumatology and / or A Pain Management Clinic, they would discuss your needs with you and write directly to your GP recommending which medication that they feel would be appropriate to your needs.

    I have pasted below the FibroAction Website link it has a great deal of information relating to your illness, and I hope this will give you a good idea of what you could discuss with your doctor:

    All the best of luck with this.


  • Hello Nomadico,

    Please can I provide you with the following link to the FMS Clinic London which is a private clinic, patients are under he care of Dr Chris Jenner.

    You may also wish to consider asking for an NHS referral to Guys Hospital London to either Dr Garood or Dr Irving as they may be able to help you

    Best Wishes

    Emma :)

    FibroAction Administrator

  • Thanks Emma, I've come across Dr Jenner and the FMS clinic, but glad you've suggested him, as I wasn't too sure. I will also ask for a NHS refferal to Guys, & thanks for the consultant names.

    As I'm already seeing a nuero I have a strong feeling that GP will refuse the refferal but I will try. I'm still undiagnosed, but very strongly suspect ME with fibro.

    Do you have any idea as to costs with Dr Jenner. At present I'm undertaking a self-managed biomedical and lifestyle approach which helps to a degree. My most urgent need is something to help calm down the intensity of flares when they occur, and I'm wondering if Dr Jenner would be the right approach.


You may also like...