125 gSoft Brown Sugar
1 tspMixed Spice
2 tbspsBrandy or Fruit Juice
1Lemon Rind & Juice
150 gGluten Free Plain Flour
400 gMixed Dried Fruits
100 gGlacé Cherries
100 gMixed Peel
3 tbspsApricot jam
400 gIcing Sugar
1 tspVegetable Oil
1. Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
2.Beat in the eggs, mixed spice, brandy, lemon rind and juice.
3. Mix the flour.
4. Stir in the mixed dried fruits, glace cherries, mixed peel and almonds.
5. Push the mixture into a deep greaseproof lined 20cm/8"cake tin.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 2/2¼ hours.
7.Allow to cool in the tin for 12 hours.
8.To make the topping, warm the apricot jam and spread it over the cold cake.
9.Roll out the marzipan and lift it onto the cake.
10.Press the marzipan around the cake and trim off any excess.
11. In a bowl beat the egg whites until stiff.
12. Beat in the oil and icing sugar a little at a time.
13. Spread the icing over the cake.
14.Decorate with a ribbon.
Rate this recipe using the review button below, or click here to discuss it in our forum.
Temperature & cooking time:
150°C/Fan130°C/300°F/Gas Mk 2
Without Gluten , Without Soya, Without Wheat.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only