Is anybody else a numpty?

After an appt with my gp about fatigue (the usual moans), he sent me to a pain clinic. No probs till i got to the hospital and decided the appt was on the subject of memory probs (again you'll know the script). The doc asked what i had expected on the way to see him. Well, i thought you would give me a memory test. He seemed a bit confused but very polite. I'll send you to a memory clinic. It was on the way home i realised wot had happened. I felt stupid. Why can't i see one person for this illness? Why does it have to be a 3 pronged attack of Pain Memory Fatigue? I feel a right numpty!!

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Morning wellcome to the world of Numptys it is good here so dont worry sweetiepie there are quite a lot of us around I wonder who will put there hands up?

• me :p

• Lol! You poor, daft thing. Sounds like the sort of thing I would do, which is why I almost always have someone with me. Join the numpty group. :D

P.

• At my app last week my doc asked how are you doing? as he normally does

I replied 'cold' :)

He asked me again...........

................... I replied 'still cold' :)

When he asked me the third time......... he said and 'please don't tell me you're cold' and chuckled

I chuckled too and then forgot what I was referring to, which, was could I be sent to find out what's wrong with my internal thermostat please?

So I'm a numpty too and now shall have to try to remember for next time! :o

You are sooooooooooooo not alone my friend :D

xxxzebxxx

• Hands up, lots of times!

I made a pot of coffee last week - when I poured the coffee I found out I hand' put any coffee in.... Last week was a "very good" forgetful week but I can't remember them all now.

The good thing (?) about fibro is that you can forget about the things you forget!

• ME, ME, ME......Just incase you forget......I am having terrible tie of it not remebering words and things, and my family have no sympathy towards how I feel.....It gets me down that i cant explain things correclty and seem to be on another planet alot of the time.....But its good to know there are more of us about..xxx

• I do take Vitamin B12 which I find very helpful why not give it ago it seems to help with the fog and lack of words.

Take care

xgins

• ME ME ME im turning up 1hr late for appointments im txting my son messages and he answers me but i then dont know what ive asked him in first place he gets sooooooooooooooooo mad with me xx

• Numpties of the world unite!

• Me too....... If I get distracted in the middle of a sentence I forget what I was talking about. I know exactly what you mean about hospitals/doctors. They ask questions which is lethal....as you go in having rehearsed what you are going to say all the time you have been waiting and then they ask a question which totally derails the carefully thought out and prepared statement that you have been repeating in your head to try and commit it to your leaky memory.

• Me three, or was it four........hmmmmm can't remember , I think I was a founder member of the Numptys United club of Great Britain........but them maybe I wasn't.......on drat that memory......or not....oh bother... Count me in !!!

Foggy x

You may also like...