Fertility Network UK
17,209 members27,637 posts

What about if I got pregnant exactly now? Just before start the meds?

I know that the odds for this to happen are very very low. But I am to start taking norethisterone on day 21st. My period normaly comes between days 24th and 28th. How about if I became pregnant exactly this month? What would happen once I start taking those tablets?

I know it sounds silly but I can't stop thinking about that.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

I think your clinic must have advised you to not to have unprotected sex in this month? I would definitely speak to your clinic about those concerns. Best wishes xx

1 like

That was the confusion! They told me "from beginning of the treatment" and at the time we thought that would be when I started the pills. But I follow your advise and check with them, they told me it was up to me to decide starting the pills or not so I decided to skip that month and will start now on my next cycle.

I knew that I wouldn't be pregnant but both me and my husband decided not to take the chance.

Thanks

1 like

If you think there is any chance you could be pregnant, speak to your clinic. I was advised to only have protected sex month before starting treatment. Good luck Xx

1 like

Thank you! it is all sorted now, we skip that month and will start the treatment now on my next cycle.

x

1 like

Great! Good luck! Xx

Best wishes

1 like

You may also like...