Fertility Network UK
14,965 members24,776 posts

One day at a time...

This just proves that no matter what life throws at you your body will battle on and do what it wants.

It’s one day at a time for us.

Mr Emu doesn’t want it to mean anything until the scan. Which is understandable; I agree with him. We’ve not jumped around for joy. Or shed a tear of joy. We’ll see where we end up next. We’ll carry on as normal. He’ll take his mum for a day of chemotherapy today and I’ll hobble in to work.

One hurdle passed. Thank you so much for your support my ladies. You are all amazing. x

208 Replies
oldestnewest

Massive hurdle crossed! Those embies were determined 😬

Congratulations xxx ❤️

1 like

Stubborn. That’s definitely a Mr Emu thing. x

2 likes

i completely understand how you are both feeling but congratulations!!!! Hoping for a very happy & healthy pregnancy for you xxxxxxxx

1 like

Thanks Star. Fingers crossed x

Yay! Hey I totally understand it’s just another positive stage in the process. It’s like that, every step of the way. Keep the positive thoughts and hope and .....smile a little. One step closer. Lots of love xxx

1 like

Yay! x

Yay!!! Congrats my dear

1 like

Thanks xx

Wonderful news so completely made up for you 🎉🎉🎉 I know it’s hard after a loss but truly hope this is your time and your rainbow baby. ❤️❤️❤️ xoxo

1 like

It’s a neverending journey xx

1 like

☹️ xoxo

One day we’ll get there. I wish we all would now! x

2 likes

Hehe I wish to be sedated till that day comes 😂😂😂 xoxo

1 like

Fantastic news Mr. & Mrs Emu <3

you've made it through 2ww, next step the scan, fingers & toes crossed your "peas" grow & become your own family. Your strength is incredible x

1 like

Don’t make me cry! x

Oh wow EMU!! ... now breathe in, breathe out.. one day at a time :) the journey is long but this is definitely a fantastic start!! xxx

1 like

Let’s see where it heads x

Congratulations hun! I totally understand how you feel, although it was my first bfp my husband and I didn't get too excited until the scan day, even now we are taking one day at a time until our 12 week scan. Best of luck x

1 like

It’s the best way. Good luck with your scan when it arrives! x

Awwwww amazing news, completely understand your trepidation.really hope this is your time xxxx

1 like

😘😘😘

Very glad to see this will be keeping it all crossed for you xx

1 like

Thanks xx

This is a good start to the day 😊 as you say one day at a time, another waypoint passed though!

I have my fingers crossed for you all and hope at some point very soon the journey becomes enjoyable ! 🤞🏻

1 like

Thanks Lisa... loving your name by the way! x

1 like

Congratulations hun x

1 like

Thanks x

Yesssss!! Really "peas'd" for you.🤗 First hurdle done!👏🤞🙏xxx

2 likes

MR EMU LOVES THIS! x

1 like

Ha ha ha couldn't resist!! 😂xx

Congratulations amazing news! Xx

1 like

Thanks ginger x

Congratulations! Xxx

1 like

😘

Fabulous news 🤗 Congratulations xxx

1 like

😘😘

Fantastic news to wake up to & a big incentive to go get my embryo off ice today! So I got you sticky toffee cake and this happens... I can only deduce one thing!!!! Stopping at bakery on way home. Baby steps now, literally. I know what a long road lies ahead & normal service is best resumed but I hope u can hobble into work with a tiny little extra spring in that boot today!! Well done, so chuffed for u both xxx

3 likes

I have to buy you cake! It’s the deal! But you by sticky cake first! Be thinking of you today. Remember.... laugh during the transfer xx

1 like

I’m going to go for an extra sticky one today!! Thanks love, I’ll maybe think of Mr Emu’s exploits in the traumatic sample pot room to make me laugh! 🤣

Oh sorry to jump in....just wanted to say I hope it all went Well! Good luck!!xx

Thanks so much love. All went well and one little nugget is currently on board and hopefully holding on for dear life!! How are you? I know you’d mentioned your crazy prolactin levels - are they under better control now? Hope you’re nearer getting things stabilised. Thanks v much for your note, meant a lot as it’s been a stressful day! x x

1 like

Im hopefully almost at the end of sorting all of my bloods out thanks. Got prolactin back yesterday and finally a normal result! Yeyyy. My thyroid is still a wee bit high so last thing to sort now!xx

You often find one thing can trigger another with hormones. I got hyperactive thyroid suspiciously straight after back to back ivf & I blame the disruption in hormones. They’re so interlinked aren’t they.

Pleased to hear your prolactin has normalised, let’s hope your thyroid follows suit asap. You’ll get there eventually! It’s never an easy road is it! Take care x x

1 like

Congratulations. Fab news but totally understand why you can't get excited just yet....we've been the same. One day at a time is the best attitude to have xx

1 like

Thanks Jojo x

Congratulations! Xx

1 like

Thanks Jen x

What a lovely post to wake up too, wonderful news for you both! One hurdle at a time 😘😘

Hope Mrs MIL Emu is getting on ok with chemo and your poorly break is slowly unbreaking 😘😘

2 likes

Thanks dolly. And for always checking in on me x

One step in front of other, one day at a time, positive vibes coming your way, this is ur time, every storm in your life is followed by a rainbow 🌈 of hope, xx

1 like

Thanks sunshine xx

Huge congrats and I totally understand you guys being cautious... I hope this is your time 🥦🥦🥦🥦🥦🥦xxxsee the lucky broccoli worked 😜

1 like

Just thinking there too that this whole thing robs us of any joy that we should have for getting a bfp..maybe reframe it and be pleased today that this first hurdle is well and truly jumped 😀😀😀😀🥦🥦🥦🥦xxxx

1 like

You’re right. It’s crap isn’t it? Such a shame that we can’t ever enjoy the spontaneity of it x

Been waiting for this 😆😆😆 I did some jumping up and down for you. Couldn't help it! so happy for you both xxx

1 like

Oh Ama, thank you x

1 like

Eeek this is exciting news!!! Xxx

1 like

Thanks sunshine x

Lovely news I was waiting to see this. Good luck for the scan xxx

1 like

Fingers crossed x

Yippea!! So happy for you to get to today. Wishing you strength and happiness at the next stage xxx

1 like

I’ll need that strength xx

1 like

Ahhhhh congratulations! I just saw your last post! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy x

1 like

Thanks catlady. Hoping it’s all well x

Congratulations Hun, sending you lots of love & really hoping it all works out so perfectly for you this time. Like so many others have said, its so sad we can't start celebrating when we see our BFP but I sincerely hope in a few months time your holding a beautiful baby ( or 2 ) in your arms & a lifetime of amazing times can begin 😘 xx

1 like

Thanks summer. Xx

I've been following your journey for a while now and just want to say how happy I am for you both!

1 like

Thank you. Your name really rings true with me this morning! Not sure if I’m happy or not! x

Well done on overcoming this first massive hurdle, congratulations. I feel so happy and relieved for you both. I say one day at a time, all the time! It’s as much as we can do. Sending you lots of love and luck for a healthy pregnancy xx

1 like

Thanks so much Dunla x

Go on little peas!! We were exactly the same this time around, no celebrating or much emotion at all until the scan really. One day at a time, one step at a time. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way xxxx

1 like

this is exactly it xx

1 like

Amazing news! Definitely agree with one day at a time, but for now Congratulations! x

1 like

Thanks lynnr x

Lovely news to get today. I know you don't want to celebrate but perhaps you should do something nice tonight to acknowledge it? It will be another memory and when you have your pea or peas in your arms you'll be glad that you took the time now. 🤞🤞 for the scan xx

1 like

I’m going out with the girls! 😂😂😂 we agreed to get on with life! Clearly not drinking! x

Congratulations. I wish you a healthy happy pregnancy. Xxx

1 like

😘

Oh bless those Peas! Congratulations Mr and Mrs Emu! That is a wonderful picture hope each day brings a bit more joy for you and all goes well will keep watching x

1 like

Thanks autumnmoon. Posted to my instagram account too, so it’s nice to have a nice pic :) x

1 like

Totally understand taking one day at a time but for today congratulations, lovely news x

1 like

Thanks you xx

Hi emu, I’ve been thinking of you and so relieved to see this BFP post. One day at a time my lovely but enjoy the moment. Hoping everything you dreamed off comes true Xx

1 like

Thanks Jengi x

That’s fantastic news! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy, those embies definitely take after Mum and Dad x

1 like

Hope so x

Congratulations! Agreed with waiting until scan day but have everything crossed for you that it goes in the right direction xx

Enjoy this moment, it’s a wonderful feeling after everything you have gone through xx

1 like

Thanks Lian x

So incredibly pleased for you xxxxxx

1 like

Thank you!! X

Congratulations. Fingers crossed for a long and healthy pregnancy 🤞🤞🤞 xxx

1 like

Here’s hoping x

1 like

Woke up and you were the first thing I thought of today. That’s a brilliant result but I understand your fears, been there wore the t shirt as they say. Sending as many positive vibes as possible my love. Roll on the scan date xxxxxx

1 like

Thanks so much for your support gilly x

1 like

Contrast x

1 like

😘

Ahhhhhaaaaaaa masssive congratulations.... xxx

1 like

Thanks x

Congrats x

1 like

🤗 🥦 🥦 x

1 like

🥦🥦🥦

I am so pleased for you but completely understand about not getting excited until the scan. That was exactly how I felt. It all just feels like small steps along a very long road that you just keep plodding down.

I had my scan last week and alls good. Feel like I can think of myself as pregnant. Although am already starting to worry and think of the next scan. We are paying to have one at about 9/10wks, to put my mind at ease.

I am keeping everything crossed for you. And hope the next wait goes ok!!!!! Constant waiting!!!

1 like

Never ending wait! x

1 like

One day at a time. Couldn't agree more lovely, it helps us get through every day, need to say Congratulations my lovely I hope and pray you have a happy, healthy pregnancy you both so deserve this. 💝😘💝😘💝

1 like

Thanks you xx

1 like

One more hurdle jumped on this long journey! Amazing news. Hope the scan date comes around quickly for you xx

1 like

Me too! x

Congratulations xxx

1 like

Thanks penny x

Woohoo 🙌 I will shed a tear of joy on your behalf. I hope the peas are sticky and that time passes quickly to your scan where you will see one or two healthy heartbeats. Sending hope and good wishes xxx

1 like

Sticky peas! :-) x

Oooh congratulations 🎊 xx

1 like

Thanks x

Huge congratulations made up for you 💖 xx

1 like

Thanks rachael x

Amazing! Congratulations xxx

1 like

😘

Congratulations xx

1 like

Thank you x

Congratulations for you and mr emu xx

1 like

Thanks Julie x

1 like

Your very welcome Hun xx

OMG been waiting for this post so pleased for you both . Congratulations xxxx🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

1 like

Thanks Nikki x

Goosebumps reading this!!! Wonderful news 😘

1 like

Awww thanks x

1 like

Amazing news! So happy for you! All the best xx

1 like

Thanks you x

I completely understand it’s one day at a time ❤️ but I am so happy to see this post this morning xxx

1 like

Awww button. Thanks x

1 like

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Emu, I'm so glad for you.

1 like

Thanks you x

I just went “yesss” our loud and my husband was like “what, what”. So chuffed. I read your post a couple of weeks ago and cried (I blame pregnancy but probably would have cried even if I wasn’t). Definitely a day by day thing. I was a neurotic mess after my BFP and really struggled. I kept thinking I should be happy but was just constantly worried and definitely the only way to deal was reading posts and talking to people on here and just taking it day by day. All the best. Xx

1 like

Thanks for sharing. Ourple. Always nice to know we’re not the only ones x

So pleased you are still in the game 😀 On to the scan and wishing you all the best for your pregnancy. Congratulations.xx

1 like

Yey! x

Congratulations 😀 xx

1 like

Thank you x

Ahhhh Emu this is fab news 😊 I know the feeling of taking each day as it comes, our first bfp I was crying and everything - second bfp was a lot more subdued. I really found having a little milestones list is helpful (I think the bfp is about 5 on the list) - it just helps build confidence that everything is going as it should be. Hopefully your next milestone (the scan) flies by and you can enjoy every moment from then on. Much love xx

Subdued. Very good word to describe this morning xx

Brilliant news!! Completely understand how you feel. We never have that emotional feeling anymore, and just class it as the first rung on the ladder! Fingers crossed this is your turn and all will be good come your scan 😊xx

1 like

Thanks baby xx

1 like

Congratulations ♥️

1 like

😘

Popped on here today for the first time in months and wow!! So pleased I did! Massive congratulations Emu 🎉 One day at a time and then (I hope) before you know it, your dream will be on your doorstep! Thinking of you and wishing only the best xx

1 like

COUNTRY CAT! So lovely to hear from you! Big hugs and thanks x

😘

Massive congratulations to you both😃 xxx

Oh i just shed a couple of happy tears for you, lovely news! Massive congratulations and careful hugs!! 💕 xx

1 like

Big love squeak x

1 like

Best news of the day!!!! Congrats 🎊 Stick little pea, STICK !!!! Xxx

1 like

You tell them! x

Really happy for you both 💞. Completely understand how your feeling. All the best xx

1 like

Thanks Hope x

Congrats xxxxx

1 like

😘

Ok just seen this after stumbling across your last one. Seriously what’s up with my end?! Congratulations xx

Thanks Tugs. We were wondering how you were getting on last week. Hope you’re well x

1 like

Congratulations! Here's to a healthy journey for you all. Xx

1 like

Massive hurdle crossed so pleased you got a positive.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you xx

1 like

Thanks you x

Yayyyayaayyaayayyyaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

Aww the bestest news (!) I know you can’t get quite excited yet, but from someone whose never had a BFP I’ll be excited for u 😃😃😃😃

I was looking out for your news every day this week- and just saw your post before I left the house- perfect start to a Difficult day.

I just went to visit a relative (my age) whose suffering from rare terminal lung cancer and had to abort her baby twins because of her treatment last year 😔

Makes me truly grateful for the little blessings we do have. Hold on tight to those peas ! Xxxx

1 like

Oh Saya, what a day! Lean on us all for help and support. Big hugs x

Sending so much love and luck your way xx

1 like

Thanks magda x

Sending so much ❤️ And 🍀 Your way xxx

1 like

Huge congratulations to you both! I know it’s hard to relax and celebrate but it’s one more positive step for you. Everything crossed for you that all continues well! Xx

1 like

Hoping it gets easier x

Congratulations!! Have you got a date for your scan? xx

1 like

Not yet. I test again Thursday and then book scan x

1 like

Fab!! I look forward to your updates! We have our first scan on 1st June, which can’t come soon enough! 😬 xx

1 like

Not long. Ow! I think?! Ha! x

You’re amazing too Mrs Emu - I’ll be thrilled for you today and keep everything crossed that this one (or two) sticks. Xxx

1 like

😘😘😘😘 hope you’re doing ok x

1 like

Congratulations xxx

1 like

Thanks x

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 😍

Genuinely so happy for you.

Best of luck for the rest of your pregnancy

1 like

Thanks Cat x

So happy for you emu.❤️❤️❤️

1 like

Thanks x

1 like

Amazing news mr and mrs emu!! I wish you all the best in your pregnancy and look forward to your updates throughout, I love your writing!!

1 like

Thanks Shiraz xx

Congratulations! So happy for you. I know it’s only one step in a long journey ahead but you’re right, it’s another hurdle out of the way and I really hope this is your time x

1 like

😘

Fantastic news! Congratulations ❤️

1 like

Thanks x

Wow congratulations and keeping those fingers and toes crossed for a happy and healthy pregnancy x

1 like

Everything crossed x

Congratulations! We're the same, wanting the first scan out the way so we can start to enjoy it a bit! xx

1 like

Hell yes x

This made me cry!! Everything crossed for you lovely xxx

1 like

Thanks x

Some more xxxxxx’s to share!

1 like

Thanks Diane x

This has made my night, so pleased for you, your so supportive of everyone on here and deserve your happy ending, fingers and toes crossed for a successful and stress free pregnancy x x x

Thanks you x

Congratulations Emu and all the best throughout your pregnancy xxx

1 like

Thanks xx 😘

Best news hun! A tentative congratulations - big hugs to you & Mr Emu xxc

1 like

Thanks. Can wait for scan x

1 like

Still smiling for you both!

One day at a time, but like you say yourself, one massive hurdle passed. Xx

Reading your post has bought a big smile to my face,amazing news,I'm so pleased for you both,I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you and the peas xx

Ah, congratulations! xxx

So happy for you! Congratulations wishing a very healthy pregnancy xxx

Fantastic news! Congratulations and long may it continue 👏🏼👏🏼

Have just come on here to see how you’ve got on, so pleased to hear this!!! Amazing news for you both!! Fingers crossed all continues well x x x

I’m so pleased you’ve crossed this hurdle xx

Big congratulations! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. xxx

You may also like...