Fertility Network UK

Day 4 post egg transfer - feeling really quite poorly, is this normal??

So I had EC last friday and ET on monday, since then ive been suffering with sweats, REALLY BAD bloated stomach!!, I feel sick and today have been getting bad stomach cramps. Also still suffering with constipation, not as bad as have had some movement, but not a great deal.

Am I worried about nothing or should I contact the hospital. For info only meds i'm on now is cyclogest suppositories.

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water but I would defo say to contact the clinic, you are still at risk of OHSS or it could just be the meds so you should get expert advice from them!xx

1 like

Thank you xxx

1 like

Hi, I was really ill after my egg collection. I had a week off work and could only wear my husbands joggers. I had to find a comfortable position lying down and just stay there, it hurt too much when I'd try to walk! I had been overstimulated and so didn't go ahead with a fresh transfer. I think if they had gone ahead more meds would have made me feel worse. Had a frozen transfer 2 months later and I received my BFP last Sunday x

1 like

Hi, 2 days before egg collection they started me on cabergoline because my blood tests showed to be increasing too much which they said were due to hyper-stimulation. I still had my egg transfer done they have not said anymore about the hyper-stimulating. I'm currently living in pj's as anything else around my stomach is too uncomfortable. I have had 2 embryos put back in. I'm trusting the hospital the they have done right by Me, but it is a worry.

So pleased for you , congratulations xxx

It sounds like all the symptoms I have on my leaflet for OHSS.. it says to call the clinic or if you feel really poorly to go to a & e, I only had the tummy bloating but after those tables it went down after 2 days.. call them dont suffer! hope you feel better xx

Hey :) yes defo call the clinic jus in case. I was worried i was overreacting when i called and they booked me in for scan and bloods but turns out i have OHSS. Not saying u have it, its maybe just the constipation but best to be on safe side. 😘 xx

Just to update, contacted the hospital they are happy with me , I'm just unfortunate to be suffering with so many side effects. Thank you for everyone's concern xx

2 likes

I’m glad you got some reassurance. I believe some constipation remedies are safe... I seem to remember Diane recommending fybogel to other people but do take advice from a pharmacist before taking anything (I think it’s Diane’s day off today).

You may also like...