Fertility Network UK

Feeling Scared to Start ICSI Cycle

So i had my meds and teach appointment back in early December. Due to Xmas i could not start treatment so have had to wait until this month. AF is due the end of this month and then i will ring to start.

I must say i am feeling really worried about this, the meds have been sat around ages and the nurse teach appointment felt like ages ago so i am worried i will have forgotten things :-( x

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi lauren3189. Starting a new cycle of treatment is always a bit worrying. However, I'm sure when you do start, your teaching session will come back to you. You will have a contact number to speak to the clinic should you get stuck. Good luck with all, and for success. Diane

1 like

Hi Lauren, I understand how daunting this is for you. If you have any queries I’m sure the nurses at your clinic will be happy to explain any procedures you’re unsure of. I think there was a menopur website that had a wee video tutorial to remind you how to inject. Gonal F prob have something similar too x

1 like

Wishing you lots of luck, when you speak to your clinic ask to go through them again which they will, as mine did, 🍀 🍀 x

1 like

Hi Lauren, beginning a new treatment regime is always worrisome - no matter how good reviews or success rates are flashed on a google search about it. But getting stuck out of the fears won't work - you've got to move forward and opt for things that will improve your chances of having a baby. Who knows maybe the new year brings new hopes and joys with it... it's only a matter of time for you to reach there. I'll tell you the trick to avoid some of the unnecessary panics - think about the positive aspect and when you feel you can't help but ponder over what if's - switch on favourite movie or Netflix or simply go out and have a good day. :)

1 like

Thank you I appreciate your message. I guess I need to take it in my stride as much as I can x

1 like

Best of luck! I am due to start my first round of IVF this month and totally feeling the same.....the worry about the unknown is driving me insane!

glad i am not alone good luck to you too x

Me too as well . 2 nd day taking the oral pill . Injections start end off jan xx good luck

1 like

You may also like...