Fertility Network UK
14,728 members24,342 posts

Confusing dates and pregnancy test

Hi there everyone,

Just looking for some advice on dates etc. I had a FET on 30th August. I tested waaay before my otd and happily got that BFP on 5th September. It stayed and on my otd (10th Sep) it was still a bfp! :)

I then learnt on here actually that you are classed as 4 weeks pregnant on your otd. This seems to work with my clinic who have asked me to go for a scan in a few weeks as they say I'll then be 7 weeks preggo.

My worry is that I did one of those digital tests the other day and it comes up '2-3 weeks pregnant'....should I be worried about this because by my reckoning I am 5 weeks pregnant today.

Any thoughts appreciated! x

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi, no, don't be worried. You're classed as 4 weeks pregnant as it goes from the date of your last period. Assuming you tested at the time your period is due you can only be a maximum of 2 weeks pregnant (from time of ovulation mid cycle) so digital test will say 1-2 weeks (very little HcG level detected at this stage). Hope that makes sense and Congratulations!xx

2 likes

Thanks Lou. I think that would make sense but I can't recall when my last period was as it was straight after a previous embryo transfer...also I guess I've not ovulated for ages because of this. Oh I'm all a confusion! ha ha x

1 like

A lot of ladies say they aren't accurate those tests and some haven't got 4+ weeks TILL they where about 10 weeks, so I would try not to worry x

1 like

No. It doesn't matter that it says 2-3 weeks. I had the same with my daughter and panicked, when it was just the test being a bit inaccurate. Relax and enjoy. Congrats.

1 like

I think the test is a couple of weeks behind. When I did mine 9dp5dt it said 1-2 weeks. For a "normal" 28 day cycle that would be day AF was due and therefore classed by medical professionals as 4 weeks. I think those tests give you time since date of fertilisation not the recognised NHS times. Confusing isn't it! Congratulations on your BFP by the way.

1 like

Read the instructions on your digital test. It says for a 2-3week result translates to a longer pregnancy. You have to add something to the result but I can't remember what as it's been a while. If you look on their website or the instructions you will find it

1 like

You may also like...