Fertility Network UK
13,152 members • 21,279 posts

No IVF funding ...livid! And sad 😢

I have PCOS and after failed attempts on Clomid, IVF is the best next option...I've just found out there's no funding for IVF on the NHS by the CCG I fall under. I'm so devastated right now (considering the NICE guidelines recommend 3 cycles ...and nearly all other CCGs offer funding for at least 1 cycle!) I feel so let down and depressed. I feel like it'll never happen and not sure I can cope with that. 😭😔

16 Replies
oldest • newest

I'm sorry to hear this. It's so unbelievably unfair xx

1 like

Thank you appreciate the reply it helps xx

1 like

I'm really sorry. It's spectacularly unfair and discriminatory. xxx

1 like

Thank you, appreciate the reply xx

After waiting for our referral we've also just been informed no NHS funding for us....can't believe it!!! 😭 xxx

1 like

It's heartbreaking- I'm so sorry this has happened to you too xx

1 like

Heartbreaking is the right word...feel very let down. Xxx

It's really unfair, I wrote to my MP today to channel some of my anger, I also wrote to the CCG to say how disgusted I was...if nothing else I've tried to be heard. The annoying thing is, we all pay taxes and it's not fair that some counties are treated differently to others, xx

Really hope you find a way forwards xx

Thanks, it's so hard to stay positive but trying :) xx

So sorry to hear this, it is so unfair the way funding is done in this country. have you looked into treatment abroad? its more do-able than you would think with it being so much cheaper than having private treatment in the UK. I'm currently using a clinic in North Cyprus if you want info PM me xxx

1 like

Thank you! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated ! :) we are looking into this as a next step..xx

I would also recommend Treatment abroad, I'm going to Turkey next month and even with flights and accommodation, I'm getting ICSI for half the cost as it would be here.

2 likes

Thank you! Really welcome any recommendations xx

Do inbox me for the name of clinics as forum rules state shouldn't be posted on public forum.

have messaged you x

1 like

You may also like...