Ooh a big week next week...round 2 ding ding!!

Hi everyone,

So it's been a while since I posted on here but just thought I'd share my update...

After my 1st bfn at the end of March I decided to get straight back to it and am now almost ready for my 1st FET next Thursday!

I've been doing all the meds the last 4 weeks and had my final scan today and it's all looking good (even perfect they said!)...got my last shot of buserelin tomorrow πŸ˜„

Had a meeting with the embryologist today who explained they'll be going for 1-2 embies transfer this time (was a solid 1 last time) Plus they will be taking my 3 x 2d embies out the freezer Monday and attempting to grow them to 5d blastocyst (they didn't do this as standard last time)...failing that I still have 2 x 5d blastocysts in the freezer as a back up.

I can't believe how easy this whole process has been compared to the fresh cycle...I've had no side effects and feel completely chilled and relaxed. That's gotta be a good thing!

Anyway I'm going to enjoy this weekend and might even have a couple of vinos in the sun to celebrate! 🍹🍹...roll on Thursday wahoo!!!

πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

38 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Good luck! Good to see you back xx

• Thanks it's good to be back in the game πŸ˜ƒ Hope your 2ww is going well? xx

• 2WW is starting well - only on day 4! Got lots to distract me with work this week & lots of other things going on so just trying to focus on those.... slightly in denial but going ok! Xxx

• Good luck nice to see you back xx

• Thanks Button...hopefully I'll be joining the bfp club very soon!! 🎁🎁🎁

• I really hope so πŸ€πŸ€

• Lucky you! I found Buserelin a nightmare! Wishing you much luck with your fet 🀞 xx

• Oh I know, I have been incredibly lucky. I didn't get many side effects last time on buserelin...but the gonal f killed me. I was walking round like a zombie the whole time I was stimming! This time has been fine although I'm back on the crinone now, which gave me a few "anger" issues before...I've already warned my OH haha! xx

• Doing a fresh transfer next week so really know how you feel ... good luck πŸ˜‰

• Good luck you too πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

• Good luck hun and can't wait hear an update xx

• Thank you! Sorry to hear about your bfn but fingers crossed you get to us your frosties soon xxx

• Hello! We had a bfn at the end of March and having a FET on Tuesday! We'll be 2WW buddies!! Lots of luck!! X

• Oh yay! We'll deffo have to stay in touch πŸ˜‰ Good luck with your fet πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

• Omg just read your intro and see you're working with male factor infertility issues too...our stories are pretty much the same haha! xxx

• Ooh Oakey this is very exciting! Wishing you loads of luck! Xxx

• Thank you!! How are you getting on? All good I hope xxx

• All good with me thank you, got gender scan next week which is very exciting :) sending you lots of bfp dust for this cycle xxx

• Just wanted to wish you all the best xx Good Luck!!

• Thanks and congrats on your bfp...I have a good feeling about this round. Bring it on lol! xxx

• That's the spirit!!

Can't wait to read your update/s so will keep my eyes peeled xxx

• Wishing you all the best xxx 🌼

• Thanks...hope ur all good on this journey?! xx

• FET is the best lovely. Makes the world of difference in my opinion. Good luck! Xxx

• Ah it's such a different experience isn't it? I've been so lucky to escape the dreaded bureselin side effects. I think I had one minor headache...my biggest issue has been remembering to take my meds as it hasn't felt like I'm going through treatment at all. I just have a good feeling about this round! xx

• All sounds really promising. Good luck x

• Thanks Emma. ..how are you getting on in this heat?? 🌞🌞🌞

• Well it's midnight, the windows are open, the fan is on and I'm surfing the net with no interest in sleep. I don't think I've had a proper nights sleep since Feb doe in getting used to it :-)

• Wishing you so much luckπŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€xxxxx

• Thank you! How are you? Hope you've been enjoying a couple of drinks in the sun?? xx 🍹🌞🍹

• All good here off on hols to usa/Canada next week before embarking on Round 3 xx

• Good luck!!!!!!! Xxx

• Thank you!!! How are you getting on right now?? xxx

• Better than I was, feeling a lot more positive! Now just waiting for AF to come hopefully at the end of the month, and then it will be all go for our third round! πŸ€žπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ€£πŸ˜©πŸ˜³xx

• It's nuts how "normal life" it all becomes so quickly. I've been so blasΓ© about this whole round, I've nearly (but not quite) forgotten to take my meds everyday!!...I'll keep my fingers crossed your af behaves itself and arrives on time xxx

• Thanks everyone...I have a much better feeling about this round! πŸ‘ŠπŸ€πŸ˜‰

• So embryologist called to say all 3 x 2d embies have survived the thaw! πŸ‘ Two are looking perfect and one is a little behind. Now they're going to try and grow them all to 5d blasties wahoo!!

• Exciting 😊 I hope they all do their thing 🀞 xx

You may also like...