What types of exercise do you do?

I was reading through a post today & a few people mentioned exercising. I'm very good at & quick to make excuses for why I can't exercise. My favourite type of exercise are things that don't feel like your exercising & mainly dance related. I have done pole fit, boogie bounce, swimming & power walking. I do also have a skipping rope, but it hasn't been out of the cupboard for months!

I just thought I'd ask what exercise you do for some inspiration for myself & maybe others.

Comment & follow if you wish :)

15 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • PS I wrote that whilst enjoying a cream tea!! 😞 x

• I've been given a second hand exercise bike and set myself a target to go on it four times a week. I've built up to 20 mins a time now... that's still not enough according to the NHS website, even combined with my weekly session of Pilates. So I'm going to keep trying to build it up. I do it first thing in the morning to get it over and done with!

• Blimey first thing in the morning? That's keen!! Please send me some of your motivation!! x

• If I didn't do it first thing then I wouldn't do it at all. I don't even get dressed first! It was my New Year's resolution.

I do make a cup of decaf tea first though! And I listen to a podcast as I cycle, which really helps pass the time!

• Hiya before fsllen pregnant I did high impact cardio 5-6 times a week. Spinning Running Circuits. I've always enjoyed swimming but haven't done so much over last few years.

Now I'm pregnant I still run but at a much slower pace where I don't get so exhausted. Today I walked a forest trail; a lot of uphill and coveted 12K!

I still go to gym and do squats weights cross trainer and bikes. I do classes for toning like legs bums and tums and body sculpt and yoga.

I feel great and don't do anything which strains me. As long as I listen to my body I think I be fine.😊xx

• I feel tired reading this!

• Lol most of my friends says that too. No offence taken. x

• Wow that's amazing Buffy. Well done on being so active! That really was inspirational to read.

I've got a skipping rope programme ready on my phone now that will increase the skipping gradually everyday ☺ x

• Happy skipping. I used to do boxercise when I was in my 20's and skipping such a good cardio exercise.πŸ‘Œβ€x

• I used to do all sorts of classes but while I'm going through this I'm just sticking to yoga and Pilates, I do some at the gym and then look for fertility yoga on you tube and do some of that too x

• Fertility yoga, wow, I never knew that existed! I hope it helps you on your journey Nyko x

• I am netball obsessed! I have always played so still play competitively, but there are now a lot of places doing 'back to netball' groups for people that haven't played for years/since school. Google it and see if there is anything near you! I find if I sign up to something then I have to go and can't make excuses! It is also fun and sociable, and I find completely takes my mind off our fertility problems, whereas if I run or exercise myself then often my mind is consumed with fertility woes. Have fun whatever you decide to do! X

• Walking always gets my vote! I try to do 2-3 times per week for at least 30 mins. Try for 1-1.5hrs at weekend when I can. Fresh air and maybe some some sunshine, does wonders for the soul as well πŸ˜ƒ

I also like doing high intensity interval training as you can do 20-30 mins a few times a week, get a decent workout and it doesn't take up too much time! I do them from YouTube (Joe Wicks) so can do on tablet when and where convenient xx

• Thank you for the YouTube tip Mrs H. That sounds perfect, 30 minutes ish after work, before tea. Thank you x

• Yup, before tea, or in the morning before brekkie πŸ˜ƒ good luck x

You may also like...