Hey guys, hope you're all doing well.
So, after my cycle was cancelled on ec day last Monday, due to delays with a previous patient's surgery, by the time they took me into theatre I had already ovulated and as I was a poor responder this time I only had 3 various sized follies left for collection as the others seemingly had released.
The ec doctor on that day said they would give me another round, they would have a meeting to discuss when to start me again but it probably wouldn't be for a couple of months.
After this I'd made a plan to relax, get off the fertility merry-go - round for a while, enjoy life free from it for a bit and concentrate on getting myself physically and mentally healthy again as the whole process from last year's miscarriage, the pressure on me to live an utterly pure life in prep for next round, illness and other major life stressors going on have taken their toll.
The ec doctor advised me to ring them to find out when they'd decided to start my next round so I called them today and was advised by the nurse that I can start again as soon as af comes... that's in under a week!!
I'm a little shell - shocked to say the least! Especially as the ec doc didn't think I'd be started for a while yet. However she also said I was a poor responder this time while our other fertility doctor said she was happy with what I had, despite my reservations..
Anyway, I'd felt comfortable with my plan and wanted to give my body a chance to recover from quincy in Jan, stims with no ec in Feb and feelings of anxiety and stress that have kept me off work since quincy and ivf started.
Will my body be ready for this again so soon?
As I was a poor responder last month compared to the 9 eggs I had in last August's cycle, won't going back so soon not give my eggs a chance to develop/improve in quality and quantity? From what I've read, eggs take 3 months to develop so it's best to give eggs 3 healthy months to be at their best?
Having said that, I'd cut out alcohol and chemicals, ate healthily and took a range of supplements Inc dhea from Oct and ended up with a poor response after all my efforts so maybe not??
However, this month we don't have any major external events going on so for that reason it would be good to go ahead now while in April and May we do have things going on that would make ivf more difficult to manage.
My partner thinks it would be good to start again now and I do recognise that for some reasons thst would be good for us...
Argh! I don't know what to do - I just want to give this; our second and final nhs shot the best chance possible and if starting again now would possibly yield a better response/more eggs I'd be happy to go for it.
Has anyone had similar experiences who could give me some advice please?
Also, Diane, if you're reading this, what would you recommend?
Many many thanks for listening to my loooong winded quandary everyone and massive thanks in advance for any help.
Big luck and love to you wherever you are on your journeys xxxxx