Fertility Network UK
14,957 members24,761 posts

Round 3 egg collection

Hi everyone, so I started round 3 ivf this month and had EC today. First round 5 eggs all fertilised - bfn, round two 8 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilised- bfn. Nothing to freeze either round. Round three, 11 eggs! They have increased the dose for each round and I started on ubiquinol, royal jelly and DHEA on round three. My eggs seem to be poor quality and I have endometriosis so I’m hoping we have 2 to transfer this time or something is good enough to freeze. We have only had one blastocyst before which was a day 6 grade BC so they wouldn’t freeze it. Wishing everyone luck wherever they are in the journey xxx

25 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi luv, how are you feeling? 11 eggs is awesome. I had 9, same as last time but hoping most of them fertilise 🙏🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 wishing you all the best in this round. Just feeling a bit sick now but it’ll pass hopefully. I can’t remember if they told me to use a pessary tonight or start tomorrow though 🤔😂 xx

Hey luv, I’m ok- tender but ok. I’m just in bed watching tv with OH bringing food and drinks though so not doing much. 9is fabulous number well done!!! I was told to start pressaries the night of egg collection for all 3 rounds but give the clinic a ring if they haven’t told u. Fingers crossed for both of us now for the fertilisation call tomorrow xx

1 like

I’m in bed also but hubby is in work so I need him to come home so I can give my orders 😂😂 I was told about the pessary but I was so tired and still woozy that I forgot, I’m sure she did say to start tonight I think 🤔. Keep me updated on tomorrow luv 🤞🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😘 xx

Will do and u keep me up dated! Well done with your 9 hun. Think we have both done superb 😁 just hope my quality is good because that seems to be my issue. So much so they agreed to a double transfer. What time did they say they would phone u tomorrow ? Xx

1 like

I got the same issue with quality eggs luv 😢, I also took dhea and ubiquinol on this round so 🤞🏻. She said around 10ish they’ll ring me. I really hope it works for us all and got everything crossed. Looking forward to hearing your news tomorrow luv xx

We really r cycle buddies ! Well rest up and 🤞🏻for tomorrow xx

1 like

You too lovely xx

1 like

Hey guys, good luck with your calls today. I’ve had mine. 9 have fertilised so I’m booked in for my transfer on Monday. Sending baby dust to us all xxx

1 like

Literally just got off the phone now, 5 have fertilised, that’s 1 more than last time 👍🏻. I’m provisionally booked in for Saturday otherwise Monday. Good luck to everyone xx

Fabulous news well done!! Haven’t they all done well over night !! So pleased for u xx

1 like

They said 6 were fertilised but the 1 couldn’t have made it. 5 is better than nothing. I’m praying for us all hun, wishing you all the luck in the world 😘 xx

1 like

Hi guys 👋🏼

Can I join your cycle buddy chat, also had egg collection today. Got 9 little eggies so hoping some of them will make the grade! It’s our first go so no idea what’s going on. Just getting my sofa fix of Friends repeats 👍🏼

1 like

Hi Olivia, well done on the 9 eggs ! Fab news. We will all be eagerly waiting by our phones tomorrow for a progress report then. Friend fix... I like it!! Xx

Yeah, I’ve come up with a lame excuse to work from home tomorrow so I can take phone calls 👍🏼

If this doesn’t work, any idea how long it is until you feel less bloated? I really feel like I could explode from within

I think it took about a week for the bloating to go but it starts to go down a bit wash day. Prob is that for me it was then negative test so I started to bloat with my period. Bloating completely went after my period but I suppose everyone is different.

Good luck tomorrow 🤞🏻for everyone xx

I’m watching friends also 😂😂 x

2 likes

Good luck for tomorrow, 11 eggs is fab!!! What stims were u on?

Thank u! It’s the best I’ve ever done and was only expecting 9 from my last scan. I was on meriofert 450units and cetrotide. Xx

We are starting our 3rd Round in July, I have a good amh but a slow responder, I just thought if i tried something different I could get more eggs. Did u use those stimms ur last 2 times aswell? I haven't heard of them.

Yes I did. I used 225units for round one, the 300units for round 2, 450units round 3. I also have a high amh but I’m a slow responder. I introduced ubiquinol, DHEA, royal jelly. Also got my thyroid checked, iron levels, vit d levels and omega 3 levels. Good luck with your next cycle, hopefully it’s 3rd time lucky for both of us xx

Very similar to me I was on 225 first then 300 second but increased to 375 half way through. Who'll b in 375 from start this time. I take dhea also 75mg and 100mg of ubiqunol, how much of it do u Take? And what strength of royal jelly? I have underactive thyroid also and I'm on 125 of thyroxin.

I was on DHEA 25mg three times a day, ubiquinol 300mg once daily, royal jelly 500mg once daily and omega 3 twice daily. My oh is on condensyl as well. Not sure if it’s the meds or the supplements that has improved things. 🤞🏻 and good luck with your next cycle xx

Thank u so much I will up my ubiquinol then an order the royal jelly then. I take omega 3 also but once daily so will up it too. I also take vit d3 an pregnacare before conception. Hubby takes well man conception, zinc and omega 3. Fingers crossed all this works for both of us . Take care and good luck xx

My acupuncturist said pregnacre max was better but not sure why, the consultant said he has had fab results increasing sperm quality /quantity with condensyl. U need to be on meds at least 3 months to have a full effect

Have my fingers crossed for u xx

Well no point hubby starting condensyl now then for this round prob. Hopefully this thine will week but if not I def will get this for him too. Spend a fortune on vitamins and acupuncture on top of everything else, just hope it all worth it. My acupuncturist made me up some herbal Chinese drink I had to drink to build my whole system up as he said it was low. Def going back to him again soon.

You may also like...