BFN 😒

Yesterday was my OTD and as I had expected it was a bfn. I am gutted and feel emotionally and physically drained by it all. I had taken a pregnancy test at 5dp5dt which was negative followed by lots of cramps and I just had a gut feeling it hadn't worked so had prepared myself for the call yesterday. I started my period today.

This was our first go at ICSI and we had a blastocyst transferred. We managed to get 4 embryos frozen.

I am thinking I need some time away with my partner so we are going to go away Easter weekend and am thinking once we are back from to go privately for a FET. We do still have one go at a FET with the nhs though.

Is two periods between a failed and my next cycle enough time for my body to recover?

Xxx

15 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • That's how long I had. You got a lot further on your first go than I did and well done on the FETs! I know it must feel so incredibly disappointing at the moment but I've found trying to focus on the positives helps.

A holiday at Easter sounds like a great idea and the right sort of gap if you are feeling up to it by then. Look after each other and all the best.

• Thank you for your reply. Yes defo concentrating on the positive that we still have 4 frozen embryos. Xxx

• Sorry to hear that, look after yourself x

• Thank you xx

• Hey I waited 3 months. Not so much physically but emotionally.

Going away together is a great idea, that way you can help each other to heal xx

Thinking of you

• Thank you for your post. Such an emotional journey, so much harder when we all want it so much xx

• Hey,

You are right, goodness knows, if we didn't want a baby so much there isn't a hope in hell we would put ourselves through this

Hope you're OK today

One day at a time x

• Hi I am having a FET a week on weds we had a BFN first fresh cycle and got five frozen 5day blastocysts I have had acupuncture this time and tried to stay positive it is so incredibly difficult though. A nice holiday sounds a great idea xx

• Thank Randall. I had acupuncture this time round and it helped keep me calm and sane so will definitely do it next round too. How long did you have inbetween each round? Xx

• Hi yeah they say it stimulates blood flow but who knows I just so want it to work this time I'm 40 this year so feel time isn't on my side πŸ€”πŸ˜Ÿ I was told I had to wait three periods there is no evidence to suggest it's beneficial so I did challenge it particularly due to time and it being a FET anyway they couldn't fit me in Christmas so ended up one period before restarted my cycle is quite long though at 38 days xx

• I really enjoyed acupuncture would definitely recommend it. Yes we have a follow up apt with a bus consultant on 13th to discuss further but I think I'm going to go privately! When is your FET? X

• Hi Hun it's a week today! So hope it works can only put one I. Due to px surgery for crohns and BP high from Buserilyn 😟Good luck for ur app xx

• Thank you so much for your lovely reply. It made me smile!

It's such an emotional rollercoaster, physically and mentally draining. I feel a lot more positive today thinking about my 4 embryos hoping they are good enough to transfer, fingers crossed πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

Good luck in your journey xxx

• I'm really sorry it didn't work for you xx

• Fingers crossed for next time πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

You may also like...