First appointment today - eeeeeekk!

Hiya! Today we have our first appointment with the local consultant - eeeekkkkk! I know this is a fact finding meeting for all of us and I'm trying not to get carried away as I know we have a long way to go but I'm so pleased our journey has started. We didn't have to wait too long for this appointment but again, I know that we might not be so lucky in the future. I want to be excited but I know this is the first step of hundreds so am trying to keep myself in check. Thanks for all sharing your experiences, I have a bank of questions to ask as a result! Wish me luck (and right back at you all). x

4 Replies

• It is exciting as your journey is starting, as you say there is a long way to go but it's started.

Good luck for the appointment.

• How exciting!!!! We have our first appointment with consultant on 21st Sept, I am counting down the days. Let me know what happens. Enjoy as it one step closer xxx

• One step closer which is fantastic. It's hard but do try to take it one step at a time as it can be very overwhelming xx

Good luck on your journey xxx

• Hi everyone, thanks for the messages of encouragement :) We saw a lovely lady who took down all our details and asked a million questions. It seems we should be eligible for funding but that's TBC. We were given all manner of forms for various blood tests and other tests AND I was asked if they could take a smear/swab whilst I was there which I was NOT expecting! But at least that way I couldn't get bothered by it beforehand! We'll get an appointment to be seen again in 3 months with the results of all our tests and then we can make a start. YAY! 3 months seems like such a long time to wait but I guess it's only taken us 3 months to get this far so far and that has flown by, so fingers crossed. Sending you all lots of luck too x

You may also like...