Day 21 / Progesterone Blood Test Results

Hello.....

I have just had my second Progesterone bloods back.... the reading was 30. Apparently they say that anything above 28 means you ovulated..... My previous reading was 32. I have been asked to have 3 sets of test results before they will consider Clomid.

What readings did other people have? What readings meant that your consultant prescribed you Clomid?

Thanks for your help

xxx

3 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi,

I have been informed by 3 doctors that 30 or above means you have ovulated. I have had day 21 tests probably now in total on 7-8 occasions. Whilst on clomid it shot up to the 70's, but some results were in the 40's. Doctor was happy with that. I started clomid following numerous tests including HSG (they need to rule out any problems with your tubes). It was probably about 5 months after my 1st consultation with the fertility doctor.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me, and I had to come off it due to skin reactions (this is very rare). I wish you all the best, but your result is normal.., so hopefully they will prescribe it soon.

K

• Hi overtherainbow22. As "KeeKee21" says, to confirm ovulation, a reading should be 30 and above. Hopefully, you will be prescribed a course of Clomid, for after all, thatโ€™s its main job to enhance ovulation and to get you to ovulate regularly. Hope all goes well for you and you donโ€™t have to wait too long for treatment. Diane

• I have had an HSG that showed that my tubes are open, finally something positive!!

Hate playing this game, I didn't sign up for this! Can't shake the feeling of being a failure and that I am broken :( x

You may also like...