Advice please how do you know you want more children after your 1st?

Hi I have been blessed with a beautiful baby girl and was very lucky to have my first cycle of treatment to work after such a long wait to become a mum.

I have two embryos frozen and not sure if I want to do this journey again?

Is there anyone that has a baby and thinking of doing all this again? How do you know? I am so wrapped up in my precious baby girl I'm not sure how I feel about going on to have more children.

Thanks in advance

Jo x

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have 1 little person after 6 treatments! And now that she's nearly 2, have decided to try again. Although we are self funding, we have put a 2 tries max on another. If my daughter is meant to have a sibling it will happen. Otherwise, we count our lucky stars to have her! Treatment #7 ended in miscarriage, we'll see about our final go... (After we save up).

You know what you can handle, some people want tons of kids, others want one or a couple, it's all a personal choice. And no one can judge your choice.

• Thankyou for your comment. We had to fund our first cycle too. IM just not sure if I would like another baby firstly to go through all the journey again and secondly by baby girl is ny whole world will I love another baby as much? I was very lucky as first cycle worked had a nice pregnancy (even though I didn't enjoy that bit) and my labour was as nice as it could be. Maybe I need to wait and see how I feel?

• Thankyou for your comment. We had to fund our first cycle too. IM just not sure if I would like another baby firstly to go through all the journey again and secondly by baby girl is ny whole world will I love another baby as much? I was very lucky as first cycle worked had a nice pregnancy (even though I didn't enjoy that bit) and my labour was as nice as it could be. Maybe I need to wait and see how I feel?

You may also like...