Just diagnosed

After 2 years of suffering in silence with ovulation pain & then period pain, experiencing on average 16 pain free days a month, I finally went to see my GP 3 weeks ago. She was FAB. Blood tests for everything including cancer markers & coelic disease - all of which I am relieved to say have come back negative, referred for a ultrascan on my abdomen & transvaginal scan, also a referral to see a Gynaecologist - who I have been to see this morning. SO this is the big plan; on discussion re symptoms etc. he feels I have endo & has arranged for me to have laparoscopic investigations with treatment if endo is seen, including D&C, laparoscopic sterilisation (am 44 & do not wish to have any more children), insertion of Mirena to assist with the raging PMT my poor husband has to suffer! & a hysteroscopy. It's a lot to take in at the moment & I got very emotional when I left the hospital, just thankfull really that I wasn't just imagining all this pain & that something is going to be done about it. I also am acutely aware having read on this forum that I have been seen & taken seriously very promptly, having read some of the stories on here has boken my heart & made me so very sad. So here's hoping my little journey with endo is going to be short lived. xx

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • so pleased for you, well pleased things are happening i mean lol - i'm still waiting for my first lap. i went to my doctor just over a year ago after suffering quite badly for 2-3 years. i've had ultrasound, hysteroscopy, mirena fitted, an mri as gynae just told me to eat more fibre, the mri showed a large chocolate cyst on my left ovary so at least i know, and they know i'm not imagining it which is how i was feeling. i have to wait another 10 wks for another scan to see if cyst has grown or ruptured before my gp can refer me again to gynae xx

• OMG. Really pleased you are getting sorted out. Would love to know name of your GP if only they were all so supportive! LOL x

• WOW I am so happy for you, wish all Gynae doctors were so proactive. Fingers crossed all will be sorted soon for you x

You may also like...