I have my next appointment with my consultant (who is also the lead of the infertility clinic) on Friday which I think and hope will be to discuss a plan of action. I let him know previously that fertility is my priority as we've been ttc for almost 2 years now, yet when I spoke to the endo nurse she said they'd want to deal with the endo before even starting to look at my fertility. So following different information from different medical professionals I ended up doing basic fertility testing through my GP who then sent off a referral to a different hospital. These tests showed I have raised TSH, I'm not immune to rubella and my husband has less than 1mil sperm count. Now we know we also have male factor fertility issues it seems likely we'll need to have ICSI.
I guess I have two questions, if they operate to remove the endometriomas from my ovaries, won't this risk my ovarian reserve? Secondly, as endometriosis can grow back very quickly, should we not be timing the surgery to be right before ICSI? I haven't been referred for ICSI yet and so will have a wait for funding approval and then a wait to be able to start at the IVF clinic, so I'm concerned it could all grow back before we even get started.
I'd really appreciate any advice or similar experiences.