Unsure what to do

Hi there,

Im hoping I can get some advice and opinions from people who have been through the same thing as I am right now. I had laparoscopic surgery in 2015 and was diagnosed with Endometriosis, and also had a mirena inserted. I went to my gynaecologist on Friday as my pain has been quite bad lately and I want to do something about it. He told me it was muscle pain and that I need to be doing exercises to help with this. This is exactly what I was told last appointment (6 months ago) and I did these exercises and the pain was still there. My gynocologist said it is up to me weather I get a second surgery but he suggests I try the stretches first even though I already have and these didnt work. I have also looked into acupuncture but am unsure of the outcome. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do as I am stuck on whether to give the acupuncture a go or just book in for a second surgery?

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • It could be the coil causing the issues.

• A second lap might be the way to go -after all, 6 months of stretches should be enough to know if they work or not! Sanchia46 also has a point - it could be the coil. I've never used the mirena, but my mum hated it and it caused her years of pain (but I know it's literally a miracle for others, so...)

• Hi! Maybe the stretches won't help, but you should try every other alternative before you go to surgery again. Every surgery adds adhesions and can cause a lot of pain in the abdominal area. Always have this in your mind before you make any decisions regarding a new surgery.. I wish you all the best..

You may also like...