Hi, I have yet to be diagnosed but have been told suspected endo. I currently have two cysts one on each ovary. I had a recent mri which came back fine, the consultant told me that I don't need surgery however it's my choice if I want it and I am on the waiting list. I still don't have answers and I am desperate to find out if it is endo. I am again left in limbo land unsure what to do ?
I had the same dilemma 2 years ago. The Dr's were all saying they were sure I didn't have it but I knew it was the only way to really know. I think it's about weighing up any risk of surgery with what could be gained from knowing (both knowing that you have it or knowing that you don't). Knowing you don't have it is still useful information.
In the end I did have the lap and they said I didn't have endo. However 2 years in I've now been found to have severe endo throughout my pelvis. So, sometimes it doesn't really matter what you decide! 😂
The one thing I would say is that if you did have it, finding it would be beneficial so that you could find ways to control it so it didn't spread and affect more areas. I'm guessing that 2 years ago mine wasn't that bad and therefore couldn't be seen but in these 2 years it's got really bad so if it had been found back then, perhaps it could've been controlled and I would be in such a bad position now.
Whatever you decide, just trust your instincts and just know that whatever you decide is the right thing for you right now.
Thanks so much for your response. I think I will go for it because I just want answers it's been 5 years for me back and to the doctors fingers crossed it gives me more of an idea x
Knowledge is power 💪🏽
Good luck with it.
If it's any help, the procedure itself is really not that bad. I found it easy easier than going to the dentist. No joke! The recovery varies between people but it's not too bad and you'll get loads of support through it all on here.