Hi ladies, I am new here and looking for some advice.
A bit of background first: I am 38 and have a 5 year old son. I have previously had 2 laparoscopies, one in 2006 and one in 2013. The second was done a year after i had a miscarriage. Both found endo and I had treatment done there and then. I don't know what stage they were at as I wasn't overly informed at the time and i didn't think to ask.
After the 2nd lap, i went back to my GP 18 months later as my symptoms had returned and i was refused to be seen at gynae as they said the endo couldn't have returned that quick so I have been putting up with it until a few weeks ago when i went back to my GP as the bleeding and pain has gotten worse since January this year as welll as starting to pass clots and I was having to take time off work.
My GP was reluctant to refer me to gynae straight away so instead sent me for a trans-vaginal ultrasound which I had done 2 weeks ago. It was very painful and the sonographer told me she couldn't see my left ovary because of a "mass" and this was what was likely causing me the discomfort. She said that she was going to go back to my GP and recommend I am referred to gynae which my GP has done and I received a letter from them at the end of last week which said that the waiting list was 16-20 weeks and I would receive an appointment in due course.
I feel is a long time to wait so i went to my GP yesterday to discuss the results and options if I wanted to go private. She has put me back on the pill and prescribed Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic Acid which I suppose will help in the meantime but I think it is really just hiding the symptoms and the problem.
I asked what was found on the ultrasound and she said around 5cm of suspected endo on my left ovary and polyps in my uterus.
With regards to going private, she said it was personal choice but could be very expensive in the long run and probably wouldn't get me on the list for another lap any quicker, maybe cut out a few weeks of waiting but that would be about it.
I feel now i'm sort of stuck in limbo and having to wait such a long time to be seen. I am constantly in pain even with painkillers.
Has anyone experienced a similar sort of thing? Would anyone know what sort of stage my endo could be at going by what the GP said?
Any advice you could give would be great!