Endometriosis UK
34,852 members31,063 posts

In need of advice

Hey guys so I was on prostap for 6months and came of that and was told to stay on my patch for three months but 2 weeks before my due lap my books were so painful so.i decided to have my first period in about 8 months and then I had my lap yesterday they didn't find any endometriosis but I have already been diagnosed with it could it be possible that's it's underlining or that my prostap has cause it to not show anymore as I no the pain my endo gives me I no the different pain so I no then when I get endo pain it's endo pain anyone help I.dont want to go back and get.messed about I can't go.throught it x

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Was you seen in general gyne or at a bsge centre?? Some gynes tend to miss endo in certain areas, x

General gynaecologist I no the pain that I get I no it to we'll and my worry if I'm.gonna go to my post op appoint and there gonna say have you got this and that when I no its not and they won't listen

I would ask doc for a refferal to bsge centre,xx

Hi , are you with a general gynaecologist or at a BSGE centre?

General gynaecologist I no the pain that I get I no it to we'll and my worry if I'm.gonna go to my post op appoint and there gonna say have you got this and that when I no its not and they won't listen

Hi I would suggest you go back to GP and ask for a referral to a BSGE centre. General gynaecologists tend to miss endo , as they only really look at reproductive organs, plus they don't always recognise all presentations of the disease. You know your own body so don't give up . You deserve the best treatment from the best possible surgeon. Good luck.

Does it cost alot

No Hun the BSGE centres are nhs. Some of the consultants do do private as well . So you don't need to pay anything.

You may also like...