Lap done. No sign of endo but something to do with period left in pelvis!! help!!!

Hi ladies.

So had my lap done 5 days ago it all went as smoothly as it could. so my surgeon came to see me in my room about an hour after I woke up, and to be honest i still wasn't really with it!

He said he didn't see any signs of endo, so I thought great but then he said that he did see blood that was sat in my pelvis, he said it is something to do with old period blood that some how goes up into my pelvis which causes the pain!?

I'm so confused now because what does that mean? He obviously wasn't to worries about it but I don't understand what this could be? And how can it cause the pain I've been in? Does that mean I still have to have 15-20 day periods and not know when I'm ovulating because they never come the same time or even miss a month!

It's just so frustrating because It feels like I'm stuck and have no idea what to do next!


12 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I understand your concern. Great that everything went ok for you. But let me just vent for a second about my day.

    Hi I had a post op appointment today from my lap and my doc would not give me another week or two to go back to work. I don't understand. I am not feeling to good obviously so I was wondering does anyone have any ideas on what I could do. Should I just go ahead are quest another week off work myself or just go back and feel as crappy as I'm feeling now?

    But as for you I am surely hope that they can do something about your situation. It sucks when you are in so much pain and can hardly get the help that you need.

  • I would defintley persist with your doctor! Tell them your really no feeling good still!

    If your not ready then don't go back! Hope your ok lovely xx

  • Thank you and that's what I discussed with them. Pleaded for another week or two was not granted.

  • Sorry to hear your none the wiser, I've heard of blood in the pelvis due to endo bleeding at the same tend as your period, but dont understand if you don't gave endo,

    Was your lap done by a genral gyne only they tend to miss certain locations of endo.

    Hopefully will be able to shed some light, xxx

  • Thankyou for your message! Yes it's a strange symptom to have and be the only symptom!

    I'm not sure if he specialised in endo? How would I find that out? I think he is just a gyna in a private hospital, but said he has done a lot of laps but found no signs of endo.


  • You should research his name and possibly ask him in a respectful way. I know the surgeon that performed my lap, I am not sure if he is a specialist if Endo, but he did my surgery. And told me today practically I will possibly need another lap, because he couldn't remove all the Endo because I'm young and he wanted to save my ovaries and uterus. So now I'm on depo, ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’

  • So I just had a look and I don't think he did specialise it just said Laproscopic surgery, fertility, Heavy menstrual bleeding, hysteroscopic surgery, Pelvic pain, contraception, Menopause and HRT. So I am assuming I could still ask to be seen by a specialist xx

  • Yes I don't think it should be an issue. If you want a specialist go for it they may know more than just a general surgeon.

  • He possibly saw evidence of retrograde mentruation - when some of the blood that is normally shed out through the vagina at your period travels up and out into the pelvis instead. Unlike endometrial deposits it would be free and not embedded onto other pelvic tissue. It is a very common thing and your body should be able to clear it up itself but some people believe it could be a cause of endometriosis. That doesn't help explain your pain and prolonged periods though. Hope you find some answers soon. x

  • Wow Thankyou for that post, Atleast I now know what the name of it is! He thinks hat could of been causing the pain?

    I am waiting to see my GP and am hoping she will be able to help me get the answers if any! Xx

  • Hi, if you won't a specialist, he/she should be in the BSGE list, and work for an accredited centre, these specialist surgeons are much more experienced than a genral gyne, where endo is often missed, I would ask GP for referral, but you need to locate a centre, ring them to check you can get referred by GP, and take the details in with you to GP,

    Good luck

  • Thankyou so much for your help!

You may also like...