Endometriosis UK
34,098 members30,491 posts

So much pain

Hi everyone I have been diagnosed with endo even though I haven't had a laproscopy the doctor has just diagnosed on my symptoms. I'm waiting to start utovlan. I have just had a period but it's not what I would call a period. No bright red blood just black and brown stringy jelly stuff (sorry for the tmi) the pain just gets worse. I keep getting sharp stabbing pains in my pelvis just above my pubic bone and was just wondering if these are all signs of endo ?? Because iv read that most people have heavy bleeding and I haven't had any. My doctor still hasn't referred me to a gynaecologist so I'm going back next week to get him to. All this has come on since I had a biopsy for cancerous cells in November last year. Then I miscarried at 6 weeks in April this year. Ever since then the pain has just got worse and worse. I'm scared with the amount of pain I'm in. And I have to keep having time off work. I'm 25 years old and I don't have a life. Iv already completely changed my diet and take pills constantly. It's like there's no break from this pain. It's constant. Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you ladies x

2 Replies

Sorry to hear about what happened. It sounds like Endo. I started with the same stabbing pains you have described and over the course of the last 6 months its resulted in those pains less but a constant dull crampy pain and tearing pain when I twist or stand for long hours. Unfortunately in my experience doctors aren't quick with a laparoscopy and usually avoid it. I was told by a useless doctor 'we prefer to treat it first before a diagnosis is made.' Sounds stupid to me. PM me if you want to go into more detail x


Dark blood tends to be old blood. Did you have a D&C after your miscarriage? I'm concerned that there's something else going on and I personally would go to see a gynaecologist to have a thorough examination & investigation before even considering treatment for endometriosis.

Was it your GP who "diagnosed" you? If so I'm gobsmacked. The only way to properly diagnose endometriosis is by having a diagnostic laparoscopy.

Ask your GP for a referral to see a gynaecologist & if you think you might have endometriosis there are specialist clinics dotted around the UK. Some of the newer endometriosis clinics have a multidisciplinary team including a specialist nurse, urologist and colorectal surgeon. They also work closely with the pain management teams.

I reckon you should see a different GP and either get an emergency gynae appointment or a referral to see a gynaecologist as soon as possible.

Good luck

A x


You may also like...