Endometriosis UK

ovulation and periods after lap and prostrap 3 injection

I had a lap op in December and the surgeon found severe endo and recommended the prostrap 3 for one injection to 'dry everything up' :) I am hoping to get pregnant and he said i could start trying again in March. I've not had a period but i did have very very mild bleeding which lasted a day-ish and nothing since. Do you need to have a period before ovulation starts or is it just body dependant? may age is a significant factor in wanting to try asap, I'm 40. thanks for any help or advice.

4 Replies

Hey Hun

I also have stage 4 severe endo. I am 38 and wanting babies.

What is prostrap 3?

Hi Sunshine

Its a depo injection netdoctor.co.uk/cancer/medi... which stops the production of oestrogen and simulate the menopause. some people don't like it some people don't mind it, i had mild side affect, appetite loss and headaches but some people react quite strongly to it. i am getting to the other side of treatment and had the injection in December 2014 so just wondered when i am more likely to ovulate and if this is pre or post period.

have you had an lap op yet?

its also use to treat prostrate cancer in men hence the link has cancer in the title but don't let that alarm you.

Hi - well you will ovulate before you have a period so you can't anticipate when you will ovulate until your cycles are back to a regular pattern. If that was a 3 monthly prostap jab then saying you will be ready in March was a bit hopeful. It could take a few months yet for your hormones to sort themselves out.

You may also like...