What painkillers can I use for on-going chronic pain?

What else is out there? I use a mixture of zapain, co-codomal, tremadol, tylenol, ibruprofen, paracetomal and buscapan, (obviously no dangerous combinations etc. I like to change it every few days to not get cold turkey etc.) but they leave me feeling very dozy and drugged up, and I still feel the pain, especially when I walk for longer than fifteen minutes.

So, is there anything else out there that I could possibly take?

I've heard acupuncture is good, has anyone tried it?

I just have to believe that I'm not going to be drugged up to my eyeballs for the rest of my life... It's a very depressing thought.

Thanks to anyone who replies!

3 Replies

• I take paracetomol tramidol and diclofenic which don't help but doesn't make it as painful

• I don't have any medication advice to be honest as none of mine completely take the pain away. I take the 12 hour slow release tramadol each morning and night as a base pain killer then extra normal trammies etc when needed on top. I just wanted to say I share the same hopes as you that something will change or treatment will get better so we don't have to be dosed up constantly and feel like a zombie all the time! I do hope you find something lovely :)

P.s I've not personally tried it but o have heard a lot of good things about acupuncture for endo x

• Hi, you're taking everything I'm taking but I have also have been using a tens machine. At first I was sceptical it would help but it has been a life saver for me. It doesn't work for everyone but I would certainly try it. You can hire them for 6 weeks at a cost of £27.50 (purchase price is £60). I did this first of all. Make sure you get a maternity one such as Elle tens as they have larger pads and a boost button, normally used for contractions but I use it when my ovaries have their own stabbing painful heartbeat. I place the pads at the base of my back either side of the spine and over both ovaries and I find that this can prolong pain relief. Give it a try. You never know. I've had mine for over a year and don't know how I managed without it before. Let me know how you get on. Hope you find relief soon.

See website below for where I hired mine if you're interested.

You may also like...