Had my lap last night. Hoping to speak to the consultant about the op. I have endo & adenomyosis. Which contraception do you use?

I use to use the dept povera injection before knowing about endo when i came off i went on the pill, micronor (although there is a longer story to tell ). In short, i was told by the consultant that the mirena coil my be best but the last time i had this from my last op i developed a cyst and lots of discomfort BUT i didn't have adenomyosis.

So should the take the depo injection that worked for me for the 10yrs or the mirena coil?

3 Replies

• I was put on dianette after my lap in november. That didn't work too well as i put on lots of weight. I had the mirena coil put in on 9th may and so far its better. Weight is gradually dropping off and so far not a real period but lots of spotting. Hoping that will fix itself. Go with whatever is best for you though, everybody is differentt xxx

• If you have tried the mirena before and it has caused you problems I can understand your reluctance to try it again. Personally I would go back on the depo if we werent ttc as it's the best contraception I've tried, and although it caused me to bleed a lot it was probably the most pain free I had ever been.

Whatever you decide good luck x

• Thanks. I was told by someone that many women are allergic to the coil and i could be because it makes my stomach inflamed and i always feel nauseous plus I'm allergic to many things.

You may also like...