Consultant Finally Advice Wanted Please

Nearly a year after pain started it's finally my consultant appointment to see what happens next. I was put on Zoladex for 6 months and had last injection 11 weeks ago. On Zolly pain went down to a 2/3 compared to the 8/9 without it. This was to see if my pain was gynae related. What do you think will happen on Friday. Since Zoladex stopped I had a 2 day bleed then it stopped pain level gone up to 5/6 and I am taking 8 tramadol a day. Sleepness nights are back and frequently going for a wee. Any advice would be great

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good luck!

They may discuss a treatment lap if you haven't had one. If they do ask to check if it's excision as it has better results. Also ask about long term management (mirena coil etc). I would recommend you have a look at the main endo uk website and the endo resolved website and have a think about what you want to do. Also talk to them about painkillers, 8 trams a day everyday is a lot so make sure you tell them.

Good luck x

• Thank you so much for your reply. I keep thinking they are going to fob me off and refer me somewhere else. I am just panicking.

• Hi I know the previous lady, has advised you a lot but all I wanted to say is if they do offer you a laparoscopy, don't panic, I had my first ever one today and I was confirmed with endometriosis, it's not painful afterwards it's more the air they insert into you that gives you a little bit of discomfort but it eases after few hours.

I'm only telling you this cause I was really worried about having it, and was sick of people telling me I'll be fine, without giving me a real picture of what to expect (this is my personal friends and family im talking about)

So after all the info I've given you, I know you will be fine if they offer you a laparoscopy, and take a pillow with you for the car journey home to put across your belly as the seat belt will make you uncomfortable without it.

Good luck xx

• Hello BellaBoe not worried so much about a Laparoscopy as I have had 4 before. I am worried whether they wont give me one and then them not being able to find anything !

You may also like...