Recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes - Diabetes Research...

Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation

5,531 members1,307 posts

Recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes

Hirschfield
Hirschfield

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in Aug 2019. I want to reverse my diabetes but am not sure how. Any tips most welcome.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Minimize meat, bread, potatoes, rice, use only Splenda if you need to sweeten something. Start learning to enjoy green leafy vegetables such as kale, collards, lettuce, spinach and fill up on these with beans and try to have oatmeal with generous additions of cinnamon in the mornings. Absolutely No soda that is not diet and if you must have a fruit juice; limit it to those small glasses from the scenes in the 50's. One very small glass right before exercise is how I usually do it. After meals try to walk around the block within ten minutes because it helps dramatically! Best of luck to you-YOU CAN DO IT!!🤣

Theziggy
Theziggy in reply to Survivor101

Meat????

Fatbuddy
Fatbuddy in reply to Survivor101

NOT Spenda -- use " Stevia "

Activity2004
Activity2004Administrator

Welcome to the group.😀👍 Feel free to ask more questions anytime. 😀👍

Have you talked to your Endocrinologist about an exercise routine/diet plan? You can also check out the free leaflets from the DRWF website and show it to the doctor. Go to: drwf.org.uk/understanding-d...

I hope this helps.😀👍

I have pre diabetes but like you I should be aware of what I eat to prevent it progressing. I admit I have found it hard but I found a good book with recipes that make it easier to follow a low carb diet. It is as survivor101 says really, but having a recipe to follow has helped me. , It's difficult but we only have one life so have to get on with it. Best of luck and keep in touch. Chrys

There are two things that you need to do - first is look at your diet and the second is to take more exercise - but please speak to your GP or diabetic nurse about what exercises would be appropriate eg if you are overweight.

There are lots of diets out there to help diabetics - either low carb or looking at glycemic index (which measures how quickly particular foods are converted to sugars). Avoid heavily processed foods and avoid starchy vegetables like potato.

diabetes.co.uk/food-and-rec...

diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-di...

may give you some ideas

Hirschfield
Hirschfield in reply to Gambit62

Many thanks for this. Much appreciated!

You might find the Newcastle diet helpful. services.nhslothian.scot/di...

Intermittent fasting. Use the 16/8 version.

Welcome to group. I strongly recommend joining " Diabetes India " group here --

Lots of info available - on diet and how to control sugar spikes and how to lower A1C

You may also like...