About - Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation | HealthUnlocked
About Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation
The Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation (DRWF) is a registered charity, established in 1998 to raise public awareness to the condition and its associated complications, treatment, avoidance and relief and to provide support to people living with diabetes.
Whilst funding vital diabetes research to establish the causes; develop improved management and treatment options; and ultimately find a cure, we aim to ensure that people have access to the right information and support to develop a proactive self-care approach to successful self-management, to ensure that they are ’staying well until a cure is found....’
- Be kind, respectful, and understanding of one another
- Actively listen & have in mind that everyone deals with their own private challenges
- Post from your own experience
- "For me, this worked..." rather than "You should do this..."
- This is a space for peer to peer and emotional support
- The community does not replace the relationship or advice given by your healthcare professional
- Provide your sources of information
- Use well-known sources of information and add the URL to your reply or post
- No political content
- Let's focus on individual health experiences
- This community should not be used for commercial or personal promotion
- No selling, no fundraising, no spam