Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation
4,270 members806 posts

My Birthday (5-9) and DEXCOM

NOTE: Translation will be added in a few days.😀

Wow! I can’t believe how fast time can go sometimes. It’s hard to believe even on my 38th birthday, I had to get in touch with DEXCOM and ask for a free, new sensor! At least, the Rep. for DEXCOM at Tech Support realized that I was calling on my birthday before bed. The sensor was acting up and I didn’t have any numbers reporting at the time during the call. I even had said that the system said that I was out of range when I was right there next to it. Not good, but I was promised I will have the new sensor on Tuesday next week.

For my birthday, I went to work and had a really great day!😀👍 I also went out for dinner to celebrate. Lots of fun!😀👍

24 Replies
oldestnewest

Happy 38 th birthday and glad it wa a good one .xx🎂🎉🎂🙀

1 like

Thank you!😀👍

Your very welcome .🤗🦋😇

1 like

Just got back from dinner out with my family for a late celebration.😀👍

How lovely ,hope you enjoyed it I’m sure you did .🤗🦋😇

1 like

I did! It was Italian tonight. Mexican was on Wednesday night.

Lovely and Mexican you are doing well , my fav is Chinese but it’s not good when you are diabetic is it . 😜🦋😇

1 like

Anything that is a lot isn’t good for anyone (diabetic or not).

I'm not big on large portions of food and since I got diabetes I'm not enjoying food at all .I think anything nice isn't good for you 👼😇😇

You can always have something, but in smaller portions.

Yes as I said I only eat small portions , I had some spiralizer courgette today with supper and they were delicious will be having those again . 🤗😇

1 like

What do they look like? Can you please post a picture when you’re able to do it?

I will try they sell them in sainsburys are you from uk ?🤗😇

No, the USA. You can post them in a bowl/plate.😀👍

Ok will give it a go they are delicious and they look a bit like a cheats noodle x

Sounds good!👍

X😇😇

1 like

They are nice. You can slice or spirals the raw courgettes easily & they taste better raw than cooked

1 like

It's such a pity. I'm now borderline diabetic & have been on low fat low carb diet for 59 years!!!! Very disappointing. Clare

1 like

Have you tried low carb high protein dieting?

Yes, I've been doing low carb, low fat & higher protein diet for 59 years. My health problems seem to be inherited from both sides of my family. My mother weighed 22 stones when she died. I've found it a lifelong battle to keep below 10 stones! Only got below 9 stone once as an adult..... when I had cancer!

1 like

What amount of carbs do you have for each meal and snack?

Really HAPPY BIRTHDAY Activity ! Hope "u" enjoyed your day. Shame about the sensor. Nothings perfect with T1 diabetes.

1 like

Thank you for the wishes.

You’re right, nothing is perfect.

1 like

You may also like...