Diabetes India
59,757 members10,915 posts

Anybody tried Guava Leaf Tea for blood sugar regulation?

Dear all,

I am 43 year old female. Had gestational diabetes 7 years ago. Became diabetic again since one year. Started allopathic medicine last month as the FBS reached 290 and PPBS 280. Even after taking medicine , the FBS still was high 180 and PPBS 230. Started taking guava leaf tea after food and pleasantly surprised by the result as the FBS became 108 and PPBS 90-130. Anyone in the community ever tried this? Does this result last? Thank you for your time.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I have not heard of it so far but please do keep posting about your progress with this trial ,do you use fresh or dried leaves ? by the way are you still taking diabetes medicines ? your recent numbers are great , did you take HbA1c test recently ?

2 likes

Hi, thank you for your response. yes I am on Med, Gp 0.5 Mg in the morning and metformin 500 night. Even with this the number was 180/230 on the previous day of my trial of guava leaf tea. I take the fresh leaf 4-5 , boiled in 3-4 cups of water. No have not taken HbA1c recently.

Walk for about 15 minutes after every meal.

Do not consume food after 8:00 pm.

Adopt low carbohydrate diet.

Check your blood sugar (FBS or PPBS) every day and avoid foods that cause high blood sugar.

Maintain FBS level @ 100 mg/dL and PPBS level @ 140 mg/dL.

Learn more about type 2 diabetes and its complications.

Plant-based therapies that have been shown in some studies to have anti-diabetic properties include:

--

Aloe vera.

Bilberry extract.

Bitter melon.

Cinnamon.

Fenugreek.

Ginger.

Okra.

Sources:--

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-c...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabe...

medlineplus.gov/ency/articl...

Thanks much Nair sir. Will surely look into this.

You may also like...