Diabetes India
59,882 members11,035 posts

i have to get cataract done with in 15 days.by that time can i get my sugars down

right now my BS levels are flactuating between 180-200 in fasting and ppbs between 230-250. can anybody know to get the cataract done what should be the BS levels.i am taking metformin 500mg and glymi 2 in the morning before breakfast and also ayurvedic medicines.your response is highly appreciated.

7 Replies
oldestnewest

When I went for cateract,l got fbs and ppbs done a day before.The results were seen by eye surgeon before going ahead with the surgery.

I did the same

Search on this site and dlife.in and then count the no. of persons on LCHF diet. Some are even non-diabetics. :)

2 likes

:D

Use insulin under medical supervision to get sugar controlled first. Had you kept sugar under control, you could have avoided cataract (surgery)

1 like

Take Insulin under medical supervision. I don't think that any surgery or even a treatment with antibiotics will be carried out when the sugar level is high. No choice.

1 like

You eyesight should be better. Cataracts are to do with your sight. Long term diabetes & better control is the answer. Good luck

You may also like...