Brown rice vs Long Wheat

I have read a lot about Long Wheat in this site and also in other sites. Does brown unploished rice also has same effect on BS? I am planning to go for Brown rice + some long wheat meal. Has anybody noticed the effect of BS after having brown rice? I know brown rice is better than white polished rice. But can it have same effect as long wheat?

Skip

Featured Content

Living with diabetes?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks for your reply..

• It is called THOUDU in Kannada

• Between brown and white rice, you "MAY" see 5% benefit. That's about it. It will still spike.

• Thanks for your reply..

• Pleasure is all mine :)

• The only way to know is eat and then check blood sugar with a Glucometer. People process food in different ways so your experience will be different from others. Also the treatment of the rice can determine its sugar content. I mean by the way it is processed after harvesting. Ragi gives me high PPBS. I read that Ragi powdered in mills has higher sugar than stone ground Ragi. So check your BS and create a list of food you can eat and a list you cannot. A tip, eat small quantities of food like 5-6 meals a day. This is very helpful is keeping blood suagr low.

You may also like...