A quack advised me to undergo THR, due to swelling of my left foot ankle. Within 5 weeks I would walk normally.I am now a cripple for life

The swelling and pain has worsened especially when my sugar levels are not in control.

Be as it may, the pain in my hip was due to Osteoarthritis. Doctors, kill you instead of curing

you. I have reported to the orthopedic surgeon who pushes the buck on to the diabetologist. & vice versa. The surgery cost me 3 lakhs which I paid for my life time misery. Regards..

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm sorry to hear of your suffering marcent.

To get your blood glucose under control, keep your carbohydrate intake between 10 and 14 portions per day (1 portion = 10g carbohydrate), ideally 3 meals x 4 carb portions. Follow this link uk.sitestat.com/diabetes/we...

Eat low GI carbs. Follow this link glycemicindex.com/

Make up the balance of your meals with natural, additive-free, unprocessed protein and fat foods such as meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, cheese, coconut oil, palm oil (not hydrogenated), olive oil, butter, ghee, duck fat, goose fat, and lard.

If you are now having chronic pain, as opposed to the immediate acute pains of the disturbed tissues from the operation, you may benefit from progressive resistance weight training. Ask a reputable instructor with regard to doing exercises like leg press that can build the strength and muscles around your hip joint. After warm-up, you can lift the weights with both legs and lower with one, slowly and under control, for six reps. Allow a few minutes rest before doing the remaining leg. Increase the weight by a small amount at future sessions, as strength allows. Allow at least 25 hours between training, and a maximum of four days.

• This is sad to hear. This should teach all of us not to approach any and every body for our ailments. But dear Marcent, don't loose hope. Many times, time is the best healer.

• OUR PRAYERS,,, LORD'S GRACE

• Mind plays a lot in healing. Believe in yourselves and go by proper prof adv. Rely on diet to keep sugar under control. Expect a slow recovery and faith in body's inbuilt strength. Best of luck and wish you speedy recovery. Never give up. If someone promise to perform magical cure be careful and prudent.

You may also like...