8K again, and another minute off the time :-)

Went out again tonight, still determined not to push it in terms of distance. I need to consolidate, having taken a few big steps up recently. Plus, to be honest I still can't quite get my head around the fact that I can actually run 8K yet, so I still just need to keep reminding myself that I can.

And I can!! :-)

But despite being determined to stop at 8K, I am still pretty competitve, so I thought I'd maybe have a go and see if I could knock a bit off my best 5K time of 35:50 (without pushing it so hard that I didn't make it round the rest, of course). I had it in the back of my mind that it'd be great to break the 35:00 barrier. And I think I did. But the Garmin website is down this evening so I can't check properly. It's within a second either way of the 35:00 mark, so whichever way it is, it's a good chunk off the previous time, but I'd love it to be the right side!

I then carried on to finish the 8K in 56:50, which is another minute off my last time. Overall that's 4 minutes off the time I set a week ago!! A wholoe 30secs per km better!! :-)

Don't you just love the geekiness that Garmins allow (or encourage?) you to indulge in??

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I think you're doing brilliantly, Stefliser - the improvement is wonderful to see! And ah, statistics - I love 'em :)

• Well done you. I have just surprised myself today too and done 8.3km in 70 minutes when I was least expecting it too.

less than a month ago was struggling to run 10 mins before being out of breath.

Keep at it. I know I will as feel so rejuvinated by this run.

You may also like...