Great Day for a run

It's a lovely sunny day in south east England, it was a little cold at 8.15 when I left home, but I only had two layers on top. By the time I'd had a warm up walk at the park I was ready to take my jacket off ready for the start of the parkrun. I set off today with just the notion of getting round in under 30 mins, having no intention of trying for a PB. But I headed off with everyone else, and just run, Garmin was soon telling I'd done the first k in a good time, so I just went for it.

My Garmin time shaves a sec off my Parkrun PB, but still waiting official time.

Garmin also told me I had a new PB for 1K, a new PB for 1 mile, and a new PB for 5K.

So extra, extra smiley this afternoon.

Also NO MIGRAINE this week, I changed my breakfast routine, and only had a cup of tea and a banana before leaving home.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done. Go banana power. :-)

• Well done - sounds like you really enjoyed the experience! X

• Woohooo! It was a great day out there this morning! Let us know your time when it comes in.

• Fab! Well done, what a great day for running!

• WooHoo, just got my official Parkrun time........28:38, that's 6 secs faster than previous Parkrun PB. As usual the garmin time was a little slower at 28:44(but that was a Garmin PB too)

• Brilliant time for you Parkrun 5K, BettyJane!

• Yay! Another PB. Well done Betty!! :-)

You may also like...