W2 R3 - Quite eventful!

Well the run started out well! I let my dog off, and started jogging round the field. I really got into a good rythmn, then glanced back over my shoulder to see where the dog was. To my horror she was rolling on her back, legs up, and I just knew it was some disgusting substance, e.g fox poo. I whistled and she came straight away and my fears were confirmed.

So I changed my route to go down the canal. I had to run over a horribly lumpy bumpy field, where cows had been to get there. I almost broke my ankle a couple of times as well! Once on the canal, it was an enjoyable run. I love running next to water and it was fairly quiet and peaceful.

Once Laura had said bye, I had another 20 minute walk home. This was when I came up with the ingenious plan to try and 'wash' my dog in the canal! Long story short, I fell in to my waist, failed to get the dog in and had to walk home, me wet and tired; the dog happy and muddy!

I am now sat on the sofa with my feet up, tired, but looking forward to starting Week 3 on Wednesday. I am slightly nervous - it seems a lot longer running! But I will tackle it once I'm there!

Happy Running!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Love it! :-) Had to laugh. Well done on persevering. ;-)

• Oh, sorry, but that did really make me laugh! Naughty dog! I bet you weren't laughing when you fell in though. Good job it was only waist deep! :)

• Oh oh - perhaps you'll do a triathlon after this? :D Sorry to hear about your troubles but thanks for the laugh :) I hope your next run goes better!

• Oh dear! This reminds me of the time my sisters westie jumped into a deep muddy pool. He came out black! He then ran around shaking himself off near all these people sitting out on the grass. We found a canal and tried to put him in put he freaked out! Ill never forget the shaking and splattering!

You may also like...