W1R1 complete!

So after a week's delay (I know I probably should have run in the snow last week but I didn't want to put myself off too much!) I have completed my first ever C25K run!

I am so proud that I even got out of the door in the first place, but it really wasn't as bad as I assumed it was going to be. Maybe it has something to do with the 3 miles (total) to work and back that I walk Mon-Fri? Maybe I was just properly warmed up as I walked home (1.5mi) and then went out? Not sure, but I'm still happy!

Thank you to all the comments, and support, etc. I've received from everyone here - I feel like I was well and truly prepared which must have helped.

Roll on Wednesday's run 2!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done ... enjoy run 2 :)

• congratulations, you have started on something good - enjoy the next run

• Well done on making the most difficult step - the first run. Keep blogging so we can read about your progress.

• Errr, snow put you off, but you're called "anglesinthesnow"? Never mind, walking 3 miles a day to get to work and back is some feat.

Enjoy your next run and remember, you're allowed to go as slow as you like! :D

• Haha I know, it's just a username that I've had for years and years and I forget anything else if I try a new one!

It's 3 miles in total, I know it sounds like a lot but it's only half an hour each day and my iPod is my friend!

Thanks for the support guys, it's made a huge difference having to people to talk to who understand what I'm trying to do!

• Last Monday evening/Tuesday morning was really bad, I had to walk to Hove from Brighton station on the Monday and could barely stand up! The shoes I had on didn't help I suppose as most other folk seemed to manage okay.

Well done for starting the programme, onwards and upwards.

You may also like...