B210k W3R2: on we go

This was my first effort in two weeks again to get the B210k back on track. I have been running but just not finding the time (or the right track on the podcast) to follow properly.

10.01k in 54m 55s but 10k in 54m:03s. The last 10 metres took me 52 seconds according to Endomondo! The app actually messed up before that today so I reckon I may be due another 30-60 seconds rebate on this time/ distance. In any case I am pleased. A blistering start to the run with 2k x sub-5 minutes to get me underway. The 'real' 10k is definitely in reach within the 3 x 18 minutes of week 4 (still to come) but let's see how it goes when I have to do it continuously. Incidentally, when I run the c25k+ Speed runs I have figured out how to do the slow runs properly. Transferring that to the B210k will be the trick I suspect.

On Tuesday time was a bit tight so I didn't manage to get out to do the second of my B210k W3 runs. So, I thought I would try the C25k+ Stamina run and see how well I could keep to the beat and get the run done at a good distance without struggling as I did before.

This time it was fine. The 158bpm was fins and I could do the 160 section (20 minutes) with not too much of a struggle. Even the 165bpm finish of 5 minutes was not as gruelling as I had found it on previous occasions. This run may prove to be a good 'filler' till I complete all of the B210k and start on a proper mixed programme of my design.

In common with others on the C25k+ blog I am looking at the three different runs a week: one shorter faster interval run; one good-paced run for about 40 minutes; and one long, slow and easy run.

We'll see. Happy running.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I am in a similar boat to your self at the moment with my training plan still evolving.

I've not used the C25k+ podcasts as the thought of trying to modify my cadence to the time sounds too much like hard work!

• Sounds like a great plan. I do the same and it works well for me.

You may also like...