Running through the pain!

I feel a bit of a champion today as I managed to not only do week 4 run 2 despite my calves being oh-so-sore but also managed to run a bit longer and increased my speed at the end.

I should have done my run yesterday but I gave myself the day off because I could barely walk after a Zumba class on Friday; walking down stairs was almost impossible! My calves are still pretty sore but after I read that the pain wasn't a 'warning' pain and that I probably wouldn't damage myself more I decided to give it a go. I'm glad I did!

I'm thinking to catch up I'll probably have a go at week 5 on Tuesday, it doesn't seem to be much of a jump and I'm hoping my calves will have recovered by then!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good luck. I'm starting week five this week too. Lets hope we both do well.

• I'm looking forward to saying I can run for 20 minutes by the end of the week! Good luck!

• Running for 20 mins gives you such a high. Never thought I'd be able to at the beginning but the programme works. Good luck and enjoy!

Viki :-)

• Thanks! It does seem very far off at the start of the programme, but now it just feels inevitable, its just a matter of when (and sooner rather than later!)

You may also like...