nearly at the half-marathon mark

Planned an 11.4km run tonight, but felt good so extended it to 12, and then tried for 15k. Didn't manage that, but still - 14k is still pretty darn good :) Just gotta add another 6k and I'll be half-marathoning it...! If I stick to my *original* plan of adding 1k every week, i'll get there in 6 weeks!!!

funny how every long distance goal seems completely unachievable - until you're nearly there! I felt exactly the same about 5k and 10k...

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • wow - well done I am seriously impressed!

• Another wow but you are right keep going and you get there. Great effort!

• Fab! Well done you! :-)

• Oooh - that sounds like a good plan! I've signed up for a half marathon beginning of March, but cos of illhealth since early Dec, have slipped back a lot from the 10K I did non 4/12/12. Don't think that getting up to 1/2 marathon in 6 weeks is achievable or even advisabe.

But, I shall watch your progress with avid interest. Go HectorsHouse!

• Good progress. Run a half-marathon for me. I had planned to run the local HM at the end of March, but due to injury an not even thinking about any races for now.

• Viv, i'm glad you'll be watching - your posts always inspired me when I did the couch to 5k.

Swanscot, that's a bummer. I'll be thinking of both of you throughout my training for the half.

I was tempted to enter the Edinburgh half marathon but it costs something like £30!

You may also like...